~

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
A lot of people don't realize what is really going on. They view life as a bunch of unconnected incidents and things. They don't realize there's a lattice of coincidence that lays on top of everything.

Give you an example, Suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. Suddenly someone will say, "Plate" or "Shrimp" or "Plate of shrimp", out of the blue. No explanation and there's no point in looking for one either. It's all part of the cosmic unconsciousness.

You know the way everybody is into weirdness right now? Books in all the supermarkets about the Bermuda Triangle, UFO's, how the Mayans invented television, that kind of thing. Well the way I see it it's exactly the same. There aint no difference between a flying saucer or a time machine.

People get so hung up on specifics, they miss out on seeing the whole thing. Take South America for example. Every year in South America thousands of people turn up missing. Nobody knows where they go. They just disappear. But if you think for a minute, realize something, there had to be a time when there was no people right?

Well where did all these people come from? I'll tell you where, the future.

Where did all these people disappear to? The past.

How did they get there?
Flying saucers, which are really..... yeah, you got it - time machines!

I think a lot about this kind of stuff. I do my best thinking on the bus. That's how come I don't drive. See, I don't want to know how. I don't want to learn. The more you drive, the less intelligent you are.

Cave Dweller

Eats Squid
So if flying saucers are time machines why do they require that you under go an anal probing?? Is this to stop any items from the future being smuggeled into the past?

marklar

Likes Bikes
whoa...

I dunno what's more disturbing: that you think about this stuff, or that some of it makes sense to me...

'cept the part about people disappearing in south america. they have these things in south america called Military Dictatorships that have, erm, kind of a track record of making people "disappear"...

also i don't think time travel is the only explanation: since matter is finite, but time is unlimited logic dictates that people would eventually form spontaneously as random accretions of organic molecules, as, in fact, all "things" did, are, or will eventually. yes, even unicorns and a John Howard the size of a house with red-rope licorice nipple rings. study astrophysics, it'll warp your mind...

wombat

Lives in a hole
Techno Destructo said:
There aint no difference between a flying saucer or a time machine.
Yes there is. One is a small plate being thrown across the room, and the other is a "clock".

cheese

Likes Dirt
Flying saucers, which are really..... yeah, you got it - time machines!

Well you may be right there, as long as the saucers can travel at relativistic speeds.

DEVLIN

Likes Dirt
Techno Destructo said:
Every year in South America thousands of people turn up missing.

If they turned up they wouldn't be missing............but if they were missing they wouldn't turn up.

My head hurts.

SNYKE

Likes Dirt
Marklar what you just said made no sense. Techno I get you, but if all the people in our past came from our future, then how did the human race begin?
Also if there was no people to make the human race, which lasted to the future, then how did the people in the future who had no ancestors exist?
Therefore how would we exist?

cheese

Likes Dirt
SNYKE said:
Marklar what you just said made no sense. Techno I get you, but if all the people in our past came from our future, then how did the human race begin?
Also if there was no people to make the human race, which lasted to the future, then how did the people in the future who had no ancestors exist?
Leave his screwed up logic alone, he is obviously high. :rolleyes:

floody

Wheel size expert
SNYKE said:
Temporal loops. As for the creation of the loops.....The old standard thougght problem of chicken or egg has been around a long time.
I suspect the answer is in either quantum mechanics or religion.

Ell

Likes Dirt
woah....creepy.
it all makes sense...

but how about a Paradox?

if we were created from the future then how did we exist at all?

has anybody ever heard of the grandfather paradox?
bassically, if you manage to go back in time, kill your grandfather, so thus your father wasnt born, then you were thus never created, how could you go back in time to kill your grandfather?

wtr

Likes Dirt
The idea of time travel is pretty abstract in my opinion. Because, think about it, if material/energy can't be created nor destroyed, how will "you", a foreign mass/matter, be plugged into another time zone which is already in equilibrium??? Would it tip the balance of existing matters? And lead to the collapse of time???

Remember what Einstein said? Everything has two components, time and matter/mass. Then I read in an article a while back that scientists in US prompted the possibility of time travelling via a form of transport that will spin/travel fast enough to escape the hold of time. They've concluded that power needed to drive the "time vehicle" will be equivalent to the sum of the all the electric energy the world generates in a year.

What's your say on time travel??