~

cheese

Likes Dirt
wtr said:
The idea of time travel is pretty abstract in my opinion. Because, think about it, if material/energy can't be created nor destroyed, how will "you", a foreign mass/matter, be plugged into another time zone which is already in equilibrium??? Would it tip the balance of existing matters? And lead to the collapse of time???

Remember what Einstein said? Everything has two components, time and matter/mass. Then I read in an article a while back that scientists in US prompted the possibility of time travelling via a form of transport that will spin/travel fast enough to escape the hold of time. They've concluded that power needed to drive the "time vehicle" will be equivalent to the sum of the all the electric energy the world generates in a year.

What's your say on time travel??
Well yeah, as you get realy fanging (>0.1c) time dilation occurs. The faster you go the slower things will go for you from someone viewpoint in a different reference frame. So if you travel in an orbit realy fast for say a week or something then come back to earth a year may have passed. I think, because there is also the law that says no reference frames are prefferential.

Gettting to the speed of light is considered imposible. As you approach the huge speed, more and more energy is needed to push the object any faster because energy is converted to mass at relativistic speeds. (E=mc-sqaured). Therefor you would realy need a hellavu lot of energy to push anything to the speed of light.

Also with the paradox's there is the one of the twins. One twin hops in a spaceship flies realy fast away from earth (relativistic speeds), the other twin stays on earth. Then the twin returns from spaceflight to be years older that the other twin (or the other twin is dead). There is a solution to it though. Im sure many people will know, its a pretty common gedunkan (sp?) used in the sylabus. Everyone else can get sore heads.

wtr

Likes Dirt
cheese said:
As you approach the huge speed, more and more energy is needed to push the object any faster because energy is converted to mass at relativistic speeds. (E=mc-sqaured).
does that mean energy can be broken down into two componets as the (E=mc^2) have suggested? If so, does that mean it's theoretical possible to create/convert back to...mass that travels at light speed?

cheese

Likes Dirt
does that mean energy can be broken down into two componets as the (E=mc^2) have suggested? If so, does that mean it's theoretical possible to create/convert back to...mass that travels at light speed?

Mm well matter is finite and it cannot be created from nothing, but yeah, mass and energy are convertable, thats the whole point of the equation.

Remember that the c in the equation is the speed of light so its going to be E=m x (3x10^8)^2
So there is only realy two variables, Energy and mass, c is always constant. You cant realy say that c is a component of E. Its realy just the relationship between energy and mass.

zac

Likes Dirt
Hey techno, have you been watching Repo Man lately? I only ask cause that seems to be word for word what the fella who ends up driving the car says...

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
BAM!!!!!!!

Got me!!! :D

I was wondering if anyone would spot that or if all of Farkin thought I was on acid....

Good stuff!

God, I love that movie.... :cool:

I really just posted this thread to see the various reactions from people and also to see how many Repo Man fans there are out there.

parallax

Likes Dirt
The world is now spinning in reverse, time is going backwards.

The proof is that this is the first thread in farkin history to go from utter wierd ass crap to something interesting.

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Yeah, I do have to say that the soundtrack to Repo Man is the best I've ever heard....

Iggy Pop, Black Flag, Suicidal Tendencies, The Circle Jerks....

Probably the best mainstream punk (an oxymoron, I know...) film with a story every made?

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Harry Dean Stanton...coool. Emilio Estevez ....meh.

God I haven't seen that movie in years, since I was like 15. I think I'll have to hit video shift this week, and see what I make of it now.

ona rampage

Likes Dirt
wtr said:
Remember what Einstein said? Everything has two components, time and matter/mass. Then I read in an article a while back that scientists in US prompted the possibility of time travelling via a form of transport that will spin/travel fast enough to escape the hold of time. They've concluded that power needed to drive the "time vehicle" will be equivalent to the sum of the all the electric energy the world generates in a year.

What's your say on time travel??
Ah yes, but the brightest of minds many years ago KNEW the world was flat, and that you would sail right off the end of the world if you went a'sailin that way...
The brightest minds of the relevant times also KNEW that the universe revolved around the Earth.

Whilst Einstein was undoubtledly a guru, there are things that we are all unconciously unaware of, which may render these things incorrect.

There is also the thought of not travelling through space in a linear sense, but instead bending the universe to cut down the travel distance...

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
Classic quotes from Repo Man:

Bud: Goddamn-dipshit-Rodriguez-gypsy-dildo-punks! I'll get your ass!

-

Duke: The lights are growing dim Otto. I know a life of crime has led me to this sorry fate, and yet, I blame society. Society made me what I am.
Otto: That's bullshit. You're a white suburban punk just like me.
Duke: Yeah, but it still hurts.

-

Debbi: Duke, let's go do some crimes.
Duke: Yeah. Let's go get sushi and not pay.

-

Kevin: There's fuckin' room to move as a fry cook. I could be manager in two years. King. God.

-

Duke: You say our names, we're going to have to kill all these people, Archie

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
johnny said:
I liked it better when I thought you were on acid. :(
I can do that too... but the wife says when I get hit by flashbacks, it's a bit much.

I mean, there's only so many times you can run down the street in your underwear screaming about all the ants on you before the neighbours get PERMANENTLY pissed off at you.... :(

toodles

Wheel size expert
Techno Destructo said:
I mean, there's only so many times you can run down the street in your underwear screaming about all the ants on you before the neighbours get PERMANENTLY pissed off at you.... :(
Screaming about bats is where it's at.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Techno Destructo said:
I can do that too... but the wife says when I get hit by flashbacks, it's a bit much.

Hah! my last running down the street in my undies was two years ago. I was rather drunk sitting infront of the tele trying to take notes of Aust parlaiment question time at 2am.

My girl dragged me back in the house after I walked up the street (in my undies) notes in hand screaming my opinion of Alexander Downer. I then preceded to crawl under our car..........to some how lodge my protest at the impending attack on Iraq :confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :eek: :D

Think I might go for a beer now..............

floody

Wheel size expert
toodles said:
Screaming about bats is where its at.
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas said:
We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like, "I feel a bit lightheaded; maybe you should drive . . ."And suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us and the sky was full of what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, which was going about 100 miles an hour with the top down to Las Vegas. And a voice was screaming: "Holy Jesus! What are these goddamn animals?"

Techno Destructo said:
RIP Hunter S. Thompson... :(
Truly a sad loss. Motorcycle journalism will never be the same :D

Last edited:

safreek

So if flying saucers are time machines why do they require that you under go an anal probing?? Is this to stop any items from the future being smuggeled into the past?
Well, obviously because they enjoy probing.
Last time, they told me that a good probing wasn't mandatory, I said fuck it, I won't rock the boat.
Best flight I ever had, it's a service that jetstar don't offer

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Well, obviously because they enjoy probing.
Last time, they told me that a good probing wasn't mandatory, I said fuck it, I won't rock the boat.
Best flight I ever had, it's a service that jetstar don't offer
I've got to ask... did you search "anal probing" to find this 14 year old thread?

safreek

I've got to ask... did you search "anal probing" to find this 14 year old thread?
Nar, searched for "how to get anally probed properly "
But really, blame __ for linking his previous user name, got me reading from the future into the past. Seems it is possible o_O