27.5 and 29 compatible bikes

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have always like scott bikes but don't find them very good bang for buck. I found it interesting watching their promo video for the genius that it can switch between the 27.5 and 29 wheel sizes.

Do any other brands do this?

allan.taylor64

Likes Dirt
Hey mate, Can't speak on behalf of other brands but do currently have a genius. I've got the 920 and a mate has the 720. Is awesome swapping wheels and seeing the difference in how the bike rides I've got 29 x 2.3" and he's got 27.5 x 2.6". One thing to know is when they're talking 27.5 in that video they really mean 2.6" or 2.8".

binner

Hath shat hymself
Look at NS snabb E T and plus , they all can run either big wheels or those old 27.5's, I've been looking at the soda evo that also does changeable chain stay lengths ....... they got their shit together, I ride their clash hardtail as a commuter play machine to work and its got street cred galore.... nurse babes at the hospital crossing in the morning love rubbing their hands along the top tube.... :D:D:D;)

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
nurse babes at the hospital crossing in the morning love rubbing their hands along the top tube.... :D:D:D;)
Binner. BINNER WAKE UP! Some one drew a dick on your face while you were groaning in your sleep.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

binner

Hath shat hymself
Binner. BINNER WAKE UP! Some one drew a dick on your face while you were groaning in your sleep.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
maybe i made that last bit up , but I'm sure they would if they weren't sipping on their morning coffees at the lights :p:p

allan.taylor64

Likes Dirt
Oh I wasn't thinking they meant plus tyres.
So would you change your bike now after riding with his wheels?
For my local downhill runs it wouldn't be any doubt in my mind I would go the 2.6". Before i buy a second wheel set I'd be keen to try my wheels with beefier tyres, think DHF 2.5 and DHR II 2.4.

For my local trail riding i would probably prefer my current set up. Just depends on your where, what and how you ride imo. Pretty awesome being able to swap between the two though.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Oh I wasn't thinking they meant plus tyres.
So would you change your bike now after riding with his wheels?
yep i think they are talking plus also -do it on my torrent, ride 29 when racing, 27.5+ if i ride the
upload_2018-5-31_13-41-39.png
trails at harcourt -or if im with slow peeps