27.5 is dead

Flow-Rider

Burner
Where are people getting 26” rubber from?

I haven’t needed to look in a while.
Bike bug, Velogear, cycling deal, 99 bikes, flea bay, cycle station, pushys, there's a shop in WA that stocks a few but the name eludes me at the moment.

Can't you bring some in through Onza, the 2.4 ibex in 26" rip on the trails, one of the best tyres I've used on the front for many trail conditions ?

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Going by a lot of the photos being posted in the forums lately, the next big trend will be anti-gravity bikes.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
oh, you mean just like SRAM have just done with their stupid DUB BB...why use 30mm when 28.99mm will do just fine!
The XT bottom bracket I got yesterday came with a plastic reducer for the bb wrench. (luckily I bought a socket type). There's absolutely no need for that.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
I gotta say pressfit has by far been the most trouble free BB for me. My only non pressfit bike is currently creaking and needs attention.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Care to elaborate with non-industry speak?
System was synced to everything: both national + international. Was a brilliant retail system for smaller shops, just pricey.

You've just made me wonder about their system actually after the geoblock occurred. That would of played chaos to its main feature..

Im shocked none of the big boys have gone back to getting cheap ass alloy frames to take advantage of direct Shimano/sram pricing and stripping and selling from there. The MQL levels aren't so high at the moment word has it. Kinda shocked you banshee boys haven't done it for cheap build kits on a ht frame to suit banshee requirements.

Was happening many years ago locally well before T7 etc. Many of the euro brands are selling left over OEM stock for good pricing.

moorey

call me Mia
System was synced to everything: both national + international. Was a brilliant retail system for smaller shops, just pricey.

You've just made me wonder about their system actually after the geoblock occurred. That would of played chaos to its main feature..
I said ‘non industry speak’

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
Care to elaborate with non-industry speak?
They purchase from overseas, grey importing or whatever your favourite term is. If you visit their Belmont store, the will have a really good rant about Shimano Australia and their complete and utter fail at stocking anything in Australia. My last visit kinda triggered one of them :D.

moorey

call me Mia
They purchase from overseas, grey importing or whatever your favourite term is. If you visit their Belmont store, the will have a really good rant about Shimano Australia and their complete and utter fail at stocking anything in Australia. My last visit kinda triggered one of them :D.
Are you speculating or knowledgeable?
I don’t accept a place could openly grey import without consequences.
They sell sweet FA Shimano, and seemingly just a few SRAM cassettes.
If they are doing it, they suck at it.
Are you confident you aren’t unfairly casting dispersions?

moorey

call me Mia
Also, every shop in Aus will complain about lack of available Shimano parts.
12 months back, I wanted to order a couple of chains through LBS. Shimano didn’t have ANY in their Aus distro.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Also, every shop in Aus will complain about lack of available Shimano parts.
12 months back, I wanted to order a couple of chains through LBS. Shimano didn’t have ANY in their Aus distro.

I would too, no zee or saint crank for over 12 months.. Their stocks designed for road or the more generic repairs, and 2 months before every Xmas theyd run out of outer and inners. Atleast you knew when to stock up!

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Maybe i've got it arse about, but things like pressfit would be driven by the frame manufacturers, not the BB/crankset manufacturers.
pressfit i reckon comes from some dick who wrecks the threads on his carbon frame, takes back to shoo & demands manufacturer warranty frame, when he just needed to take it carefully & screw it in straight..manufacturer gets worried about heaps of wrecked bb thread warranties, press fit silver 2 problem to bring in another

boost i don’t understand, but is it again 1 giant guy who is 210cm & weighs 150kg, destroys said bike with qr axles & demands warranty...ps anyone been able to feel flex on a qr axle bike...caveat if it’s done up correctly?

moorey

call me Mia
boost i don’t understand, but is it again 1 giant guy who is 210cm & weighs 150kg, destroys said bike with qr axles & demands warranty...ps anyone been able to feel flex on a qr axle bike...caveat if it’s done up correctly?
Non boost is only QR now? Dang, I better somehow convert my old DH, enduro, trail and XC bikes to boost :oops:

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
easy to do, a sydney telescope shop grey imported for years, sold more telescopes than prob all other shops, as the genuine stuff had a 100% markup on US prices, the manufacturer can’t take them to court as then they could b counter sued for running a monopoly with over-inflated pricing/price fixing collusion...an examplei had a mate who bout a telescope in the US, flew to pick it up & brought it back in luggage, was about 3k better off doing it this way, than buying local- scope was under 10k in Aus (just), less than half in US, about 3500US close to 5kAusd

moorey

call me Mia
But you say ‘genuine stuff’.
Are you suggesting stores are selling knock off shimano and SRAM gear?

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
They sell sweet FA Shimano, and seemingly just a few SRAM cassettes.
If they are doing it, they suck at it.
Are you confident you aren’t unfairly casting dispersions?
I used to live in WA and buy from the Osborne Park and Belmont store. They don't grey import all their tyres, but they did mention they have gone around the local suppliers when they've not had stock (guy in the Belmont store, he mentioned they had a wizard with purchasing). "Not had stock" was a constant theme from both stores when trying to get parts from the local distributors. They even said they no longer get shitty with fitting parts from CRC and the like.