3 Ring Circus entires open

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
In for the night and matinee performances. It was fun last year and should be good again this year.

OzDirtCast

Likes Bikes
Doing the night and matinee performances too as a first timer. The night performance will also be my first race at night so looking forward to it... Any tips on rolling on through the evening, especially as this is gonna be the dead of southern highlands winter?

Zenith

Likes Bikes
Got my Entry, and convinced my brother to come in it as well..

will be the first time for both of us.. so should be good fun.. :)

chrisp2087

Likes Dirt
My girlfriend and I are in, now my tough choice, ride with her, or hammer & tongs it myself.
Probably for the sake of her sanity I'll ride by myself!

Can't wait, I'm determined to make it up the wall!

mtb1611

Seymour
I'm signed up for the matinee (is that what the Sunday event's called?!). Looking forward to it.

Enduro Pulse

Likes Dirt
Trail review

I posted some pics of the trail conditions on Enduropulse.com.au. It's looking fine out there and will be a great weekend for racing.

Newton

Likes Dirt
Weatherzone had Wingello at a "balmy" -3 deg at 7:00am this morning, it's just crept up over 1 deg at 9:00am, looks like being a very crisp morning tomorrow :eek:

Last edited:

October26

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I rode the entire track today with the G/F.
Singletrack has been very well groomed, everyone will have a good race!

mtb1611

Seymour
Goddamn that was hard! Some amazing singletrack in the second loop, but methinks I cooked it too hard during that one, as with about 12km to go on the third loop I found myself in the hurt locker, legs were absolutely spent. Breathing was fine, heartrate was fine but my legs were toast. Which, given the preponderance of more than a few utter bastard hills, proved to be a tad inconvenient! Original aim was to go sub 3 hour (which I did, but only by 20 seconds!) however next year I'll have to pace myself better in the first 2 stages as, all things considered, I wasn't overly happy. Very well organised event and great vibe, chatted with a lot of fellow riders en route. Saw a few injuries, one in the first few kays looking to be a collarbone issue; hope those who crashed out are okay and on the mend. Congrats to all who competed and contributed!

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I rode with a mate who was keen to finish this after pulling out of the JW Enduro so I was happy we finished in under 4 hours. It was a nice, cruisy ride. The volunteers/marshals did a great job. I got stuck in the 10 minute traffic jam entering the first bit of singletrack on the red loop and then had to ride it about half the speed I did in the night ride because some people can't ride between trees or over rocks. Considering the extreme technical deficiency of the Wingello singletrack this was very frustrating. A staggered start could have prevented this, or at least made it much more bearable. A 9am start for the super keen racers, 9:30 for those aiming for around the 3 hour mark and 10am as a family friendly start time. The Wall beat me half way up but everything else was easy, if slow.

mtb1611

Seymour
I rode with a mate who was keen to finish this after pulling out of the JW Enduro so I was happy we finished in under 4 hours. It was a nice, cruisy ride. The volunteers/marshals did a great job. I got stuck in the 10 minute traffic jam entering the first bit of singletrack on the red loop and then had to ride it about half the speed I did in the night ride because some people can't ride between trees or over rocks. Considering the extreme technical deficiency of the Wingello singletrack this was very frustrating. A staggered start could have prevented this, or at least made it much more bearable. A 9am start for the super keen racers, 9:30 for those aiming for around the 3 hour mark and 10am as a family friendly start time. The Wall beat me half way up but everything else was easy, if slow.
Now THAT was frustrating; I was caught behind a rider who was absolutely terrible through there! Fortunately he eventually realised this and let a few of us pass. Also agree re the staggered start and, IMO, 10am is too late to start. Pretty sure the Fling starts at 8am; granted, it's during a warmer season but hey, wear another layer and you're good to go at 8!

oldbean

NSWMTB
...Also agree re the staggered start and, IMO, 10am is too late to start. Pretty sure the Fling starts at 8am; granted, it's during a warmer season but hey, wear another layer and you're good to go at 8!
With a later start, it makes a day trip from Sydney or Canberra a lot easier. Not everyone wants to camp out the night before.

50km race is also shorter than a 100ker, so a later start is possible.