5GB Mp3 Player Shootout

Which Mp3 player should i get

• Total voters

Ryan Hotdog

Likes Dirt
Iriver H10
M:robe MR-100
Creative Zen Micro 5GB

basically want to know opinions from anybody who owns any of these players. Particularly interested in the use of the software to load music on/off the players. At the moment i am leaning toward the m:robe but am definately not 100 % set on it. Any pros and cons of these players would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Ryan

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I'm listening to my iRiver T10 as I type this. I've never heard an MP3 player with better sound quality and bass boost that doesn't muffle all other sounds. You can use the software if you choose (slow and painful) or you can just drag and drop in windows explore, easy as.

I've had no experience with the other brands, but I can tell you that I'm extremely satisfied with my T10. My home and car stereos get neglected now because they just cannot match the sound quality of iRiver.

Arete

Likes Dirt
I'm on my 3rd warranty creative zen. They're awesome when they work, but they have a habit of freezing up and spitting all their firmware out their backside for no apparent reason. I'm glad I got a 3 year extended warranty when I bought my first one, 9 months ago. Hopefully they'll have dealt with it by the time it runs out.

Drew.

Eats Squid
iRiver without a DOUBT!

I love mine down to the ground...I have a 5gb but found that wasn't enough so i got a 20gb. Both of them have been thru more punishment than a commando in training and they still go strong, and if something does happen to go wrong they will be covered aunder warrenty unlike that other piece of white (or black) shit!

The sound quality is awesome too.....

Definantly iRiver...10/10.

and1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had the exact same situation as you 2 weeks ago, in the end I chose the m:robe m-100. Why? It cost me $290 in total including a belkin airtunes II.

I had a creative before and it stopped working due to that poorly soldered headphone jack and I thought their quality wasn't good enough and their software was a hassle to use.

I have never used an iRiver but I hear good things. My choice came down to the m:robe and iRiver and I chose the m:robe based on the fact it looks sleeker, does whats needed, plays music, and has decent battery life and playback quality. Despite what people say I like the software it comes with to manage audio, easy and straight forward to use and no fucking around like iTunes. The buttons can sometimes be not sensitive enough and will require you to press the button a few times to get it to select something and will also lag slightly when skipping/playing/pausing tracks but they are pretty minor.

I'm happy with my choice, does what I need it to, holds a good ammount (I have just over 1,300 songs on mine with 220mb to spare) and looks pretty slick. You can also get a good deal on them through somewhere like bing-lee if you want a belkin or other accessories too.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
Ive got the ZEN NEEON (the smaller one with out a screen, i know its not on your list), but yeah its 6 gb, cost a bout 270 on sale i think.. doing fine, once you update all the software and shit as the stuff on it is garbage and just freezes.. Plus its tiny, has no touch bad and a small screen, meaning less to break while rideign etc thats what sold it to me.!

The Iriver H10 or what ever it is has nothing but good reviews, i would own one if they where under 300 when i was looking for one. CAnt go wrong with one apprantely, something like $280 at JB hi-fi?

Ryan Hotdog

Likes Dirt
thanks for your replies guys. At the moment im probably getting the m:robe.
I can get it for 220 delivered to my door and that sounds like a pretty damn good deal to me.
Havent bouyght it yet though so keep the replies rolling in.....

Thanks again

ridemotocross

Likes Dirt
i own an iriver H10, love it, better than ipod i say, its not as user friendly, but as soon as you get the hang of it, it kicks anything