661 kyle straights

magni

Likes Dirt
Alrighty guys, you have convinced me to get 661 kyle straights, now how comphy are they and do they move about? Do the straps keep them in place?
And if the size i get is a smidge too big, will the straps just do its job and keep them in place or will they slip down?
Many many thanks
Ben
And does anyone know anywhere that sell's these around the south eastern suburbs of melbourne? Does anaconda or goldcross sell them?

Last edited:

Tye

Likes Dirt
Sorry, can't help you with sizing, but just wondering how tall you are if you wore M in the races, cus I'm looking at the races and don't know what size to order

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Mate , 661 veggies are discontinued as far as ive been informed.

I went round about 4 places in adelaide looking for 661 veggie knees and 661 chicken wings ..... i ended up with 661 EVO's knees and arms . I pedal singletrack and bike parks with them on always , they do not impede your pedaling and are super comfortable. If you budget stretches get a set of them .....thebikeshedmortdale has them for $108 free postage.

ozzybmx

My local bike shop has them in MED and XL for $49 .....without the postage from N Ireland.

jumpers

Likes Dirt
I have them - go the medium if you already have 661 medium. Most shops have a return policy so you could just return them straight away if they dont fix.
But the veggie shin guards are extremly hot

magni

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the feedback guys, i might just order some in from somewhere cause you can get things fairly cheap off the net (if the postage is cheap).
And by the way do the straps hold them in place very well?Are they very adjustable?
Thanks heaps
Ben

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had a set, mediums which were tightish. They stayed in place ok but needed adjusting a fair bit, and were pretty sweaty in the summer.

I got rid of them in the end - the stitching aroudn the hole at the back of your leg always seemd to rub and wasn't comfy. I like the Race Face FR knee / shins much better.

If I was after a soft knee I'd probably check out the Race Face Urban ones (phantom used to sell them).

RangaRMX

Likes Dirt
..... i ended up with 661 EVO's knees and arms . I pedal singletrack and bike parks with them on always , they do not impede your pedaling and are super comfortable.....
Sorry to derail thread, but how do the EVO's go? I wanted to know about this D3O shit and how good it actually is, how many times, if any have you gone down, how'd they fare?

ozzybmx

ive went down twice and didnt hurt either knees or elbows , just shins and face ..... did i hit my knees or elbows ??? you tell me ???

being the most pokey out limbs obviously they touched ground a few times at some stage ..... MONEY WELL SPENT !!!!!!

Last edited:

krusty66

Likes Dirt
EVOS EVOS EVOS

hands down the most comfortable pads ever and they dont slip down like my veggies did.

These are the pads that I had been waiting for a long time.

magni

Likes Dirt
Ok guys youve made me get kyle straights so what are they like? My main question to, if they are a tiny bit too big will the straps make them tighter and hold them in place? I'm just wondering cause there pull on's......i think.
Thanks guys

do-a-flip

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok guys youve made me get kyle straights so what are they like? My main question to, if they are a tiny bit too big will the straps make them tighter and hold them in place? I'm just wondering cause there pull on's......i think.
Thanks guys
hey mate,

i got some kyle straights given to me as a present by my folks on my birthday last year. they got me size M but when i put them on they went too far past the base of my knee but stayed on my legs perfectly. went back to the shop, got a small and they are perfect. a really nice guard and they wont let you down. my only advise to to go and try them on when you buy them so you dont get the issue of having them too big..

cheers

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
661 Kyle Straits are so good. Did a 5 and a half hour hike after forgetting to take them off and didn't even realize they were on til almost 4 hours into it. I then forgot about them after a while anyway.

ozzybmx

If youre only doing down hill get the kyle straits , if you are going to do single track with equal as much UP as DOWN , definately the EVO pads are the best. They are flexible and very easy to wear , i forget i have them on until i stop and get off my bike .

As alec says above, he rode for 5 hours with the Kyle straits on too !

All depends on you needs , the EVO's are NEARLY twice the price. $59 v $108.

Jimass

Eats Squid
If youre only doing down hill get the kyle straits , if you are going to do single track with equal as much UP as DOWN , definately the EVO pads are the best. They are flexible and very easy to wear , i forget i have them on until i stop and get off my bike .

As alec says above, he rode for 5 hours with the Kyle straits on too !

All depends on you needs , the EVO's are NEARLY twice the price. $59 v $108.

Actually i think by hike he means walk. Which is an even greater acomplishment by the Kyle Straights.

ozzybmx

Well he'd do even better with the EVOs on wheather he's hiking, running, riding ...shovelling shit !!!!!!!!!!!!

they are softer pads ......FULL STOP !!!! made by the same manufacturer , they dont make and sell pads the same with different colours at twice the price !

THEY ARE D30.......WHICH IS A FLEXIBLE VERSION OF THE KYLE STRAITS !

ozzybmx

i tried all 3 , veggies , kyle S and then the EVO which i didnt give back ..... NO COMPETITION ! the best pads available for equal riding UP and DOWN !!!!!

hands down !!!!!!!!!!!!

I have done a XC race in these pads with the lycra cibo crowd .... no worrys !!!