A day in your life......

taquar

Likes Dirt
Wake up at 12:45
Get ready for work
Drive to work
Start work at 1:30
Drive around the CBD delivering things to lazy fat customers who need to do some fucking exercise
Finish anywhere from 9:30-11:30am
Drive back to my boss and drop the truck off
Drive home
Fuck around on the computer for 2-3 hours
Go to bed at about 3-4:30
Wake up at 12:45 to repeat

Though I have to be grateful to the lazy fat shits of society, they pay me to stay fit while they all die of diabetes :thumb:. I maybe go for a ride or go 4WDing on the weekends. Sometimes I just sit around cause fuck it, why not.

scblack

Leucocholic
Have you heard about online fraud where fat 60 year old dudes pretend to be smoking hot young girls on the internet and chat to people in the teenage range? Read up on that mate, request a live webcam of the girl without pants on to make sure it's legit.
I really do think he should wear pants if he's going to webcam with her. Don't want to put her off.......

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Wake up
Read read read
Listen listen listen
Talk a little
Read read read read
Write write write
Read read read read read
Read read
Post on forum
Read read
Sleep

Now I'm going to have to kill poodle.
I swear it wasn't me that pooped on your lawn. Mitchy's mum always cleans up after me.

grimzentide

Likes Dirt
Today I was fortunate enough to be in my office while my assistant had a domestic with her husband on the phone. In the end she slammed down the phone and I continued to work as if nothing had happened.

poita

Likes Dirt
Wow, so many predictable days.
Depends on my roster really. Days off consist of a ride or two, menial household chores including going to the supermarket when noone else is there and marvelling at my luck every time, and heaps of time wasted on the net.

If I'm at work, could be anything. Sopping up piss, wiping bums, CPR, giving people really bad or really good drugs, taking blood out or putting more in, comforting families whose relatives have passed away, assuring parents that, yes, their children are perfectly healthy, explaining to people why hospitals are terrible places to be when you're sick, and any number of other things you'd probably never guess.

Doggy

Inconceivable!
Im home for 6 weeks now between projects so the days consist of looking after baby, ride bikes, walk dogs, go running, play with rc cars and sleep. When working my days goes a little something like this.
Wake up 430...shower
Wander out of donga, check work boots for creepy crawlies and join the herd of zombie workers heading to the mess
Decide which breakfast seems suitable and make smoko for day then rejoin zombie herd heading to the buses to go to site
Zone out on bus with tunes to get peace and quiet from neanderthals whose conversations consist of a series of grunts and uggs
Work in the lovely pilbara 50 degree heat or not so hot if its winter for 12 hours drinking so much water its not funny and enjoy smoko and lunch at their regular times. Pack up tools and gear, make sure crew is all good and sign off and back to bus
Repeat process on bus
Get back to camp, go to gym/swim
Join zombie herd on march to mess for dinner
Wander back to donga and crash out by 930

Repeat process day in, day out for 28 days then home for r&r and see dear family

JoelFitz

Likes Dirt
Wake up around 6am (bit earlier or later depending summer/winter)
Sneak out quietly - attempt not to wake kids, wife, dog.
Drive to local trails - 15mins..
Ride for an hour or so until 7 - 7.30.
Drive to train station and jump on train in smelly sweaty bike gear.
Arrive at work around 8am.
Shower at work.
Eat breakfast at my desk.
Check forums, social media, etc.
Do few mins work.
Go out for coffee.
Do few mins work.
Lunch
Do few mins work.
Leave office around 4pm. Back at car by 5pm.
Home 5.15pm.
Help with dinner, play with kids, kids homework, etc.
7pm kids in bed.
Watch mindless TV in bed until 10pm.
Sleep.

Huge lack of wanking and sex it would appear looking back at that.. Must work out where that should fit in.

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Current winter version:

6:00: Wake up, think about riding to work
6:30: Still in bed, realise I’m too late to ride so hop in warm shower
7:15 Get to work, spend next 9 hours looking busy, actually in this current job I am busy, not as much RB time as previous jobs. Which is good.
16:45 get home, play with daughter outside or make her watch 10 news with me if it’s cold or raining or help cook dinner
18:00: Eat dinner, bath child, wash-up (or avoid it)
19:30: Get child to bed, read story
20:00-22:00 Sit around complaining about nothing on TV so usually watch something I’ve seen a million times before on my harddrive
22:00 Sleepy time....

For riding:
Tuesday nights I have started sneaking out for a ride for 1-2hrs.
I get a 2hr ride in on Saturday morning and
I usually ride to work twice a week (only 17km round trip).

MasterOfReality

After forever
Repeat process day in, day out for 28 days then home for r&r and see dear family
That would drive me fucking berserk.

Longest stint I did was around 6 weeks on and I almost went rabid waiting at the airstrip for the cessna to land. Its not so much the work, but when you take care of all the important shit in the first half of the swing, the last half can get very long.

Zombie herd march to the mess is very appropriate.

MasterOfReality

After forever
Depends what you classify as intellectually demanding? haha.

I deal with slope stability and general rock mechanics all day.

The only excitement/intellectually demanding stuff I get at work is shooting holes through the young mining engineers plans of mining eleventy billion tonnes at 85 degree batter angles. They then whinge to their boss who then comes after me, who then after a session of rock mechanics 101, walk away with glazed eyes, issue revised plans that I sign off on with a smirk.

Gah, open pit stuff is boring. But I'm jaded. My preference is underground mining but this open pit stuff has been thrust upon me.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge

The only excitement/intellectually demanding stuff I get at work is shooting holes through the young mining engineers plans of mining eleventy billion tonnes at 85 degree batter angles. They then whinge to their boss who then comes after me, who then after a session of rock mechanics 101, walk away with glazed eyes, issue revised plans that I sign off on with a smirk.

Gah, open pit stuff is boring. But I'm jaded. My preference is underground mining but this open pit stuff has been thrust upon me.
Was refeering to your awesome ability to multiply 4 by 7...........but see you have edited it.

"Whaddya mean shear? We's ain't farmin no sheeps....." :noidea:

Doggy

Inconceivable!
Im a sparky so it does have its inteleckshual moments, Im a leading hand most of the time so can be looking after up to about 15-20 guys under me organising work, gear and plans blah blah blah. I stop going bat shit crazy bu going to the gym pretty much every night or swimming or running which keeps sanity. Also helps if you have a good crew of guys to be with

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Im a sparky so it does have its inteleckshual moments, Im a leading hand most of the time so can be looking after up to about 15-20 guys under me organising work, gear and plans blah blah blah. I stop going bat shit crazy bu going to the gym pretty much every night or swimming or running which keeps sanity. Also helps if you have a good crew of guys to be with
Pfft, take a look in the fuckwits thread to see how easy sparkie's shit is to do :behindsofa:

Bermshot

Banned

Thats a fuk'n cool job. Do you get to see when the pieces you study get blasted from the strata?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
That would drive me fucking berserk.

Longest stint I did was around 6 weeks on and I almost went rabid waiting at the airstrip for the cessna to land. Its not so much the work, but when you take care of all the important shit in the first half of the swing, the last half can get very long.

Zombie herd march to the mess is very appropriate.
Longest stints I've done were a couple of 8 weekers offshore in Nigeria. THe first one was supposed to be a 3-month trip but thankfully my crazy ex-girlfriend burnt down her house and I had to fly home early to help her sort her shit out.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Longest stints I've done were a couple of 8 weekers offshore in Nigeria. THe first one was supposed to be a 3-month trip but thankfully my crazy ex-girlfriend burnt down her house and I had to fly home early to help her sort her shit out.
I love crazy ex girlfriends. They are the spice of life.

stirk

Burner
Nice introduction thread.

6:00: Wake up in the morning and go to work...
6:05: Vagina inspection is first on the list of tasks assigned by MY boss, need to make sure it's all good to go for the feature film the director and I are making here.
6:06: THE Boss nudges me as a hint to leave her alone saying "ugh no honey, I'm too tired"
6:07: oh well, better get on with the real day.

3 Coffee's later it's Shit, Shower, Shave time.

Go to real work and manage IT services worth $$$$$$$$$$$

Have a great time till I remember it's not my money and only earn $$$$$$$

I commute for 3.5 hours a day with the 'awesome' public on the trains but hey it's good personal time away from work and the family, I can work a bit more on emails or even better loiter on this forum and have a good laugh and learn things MTB.

Lastly home to the minister for war and finance and two sticky smelly kids and all the domestic bliss that goes with family life! Woooot!!

At least my neighbours are domesticated unlike Dozers!