a few pics from today

treble

Likes Dirt
i skate almost everyday with no helmet have whacked my head on the concrete plenty of times and im still here to talk about it as for dirt jumps ive never hit hy head on the dirt
Amazing :doh: .... Funnily enough, I was reading through some insurance policies the other day and noticed a lot of them refuse cover if you injure yourself on a bike and you weren't wearing a helmet. Natural selection i guess.

butchapalooza

Likes Dirt
Amazing :doh: .... Funnily enough, I was reading through some insurance policies the other day and noticed a lot of them refuse cover if you injure yourself on a bike and you weren't wearing a helmet. Natural selection i guess.
lucky i dont have insurance lol your from melbourne wheres a good place to buy dh gear as in protection from i live around frankston area and the bike shops around here dont seem to have much in the way of dh stuff

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
lucky i dont have insurance lol your from melbourne wheres a good place to buy dh gear as in protection from i live around frankston area and the bike shops around here dont seem to have much in the way of dh stuff
g'day BP, don't really know what shops are around Franga way. Closest one to you that I can think of that would have decent armour/helmet/goggles would be trailmix at Lysterfield.
http://www.bikeexchange.com.au/bike_shop/narre-warren-north/vic/trailmix/8208

maybe bikeforce richmond
http://www.bikeexchange.com.au/bike_shop/richmond/vic/bike-force-richmond/287

otherwise online... torpedo7 had a sale recently http://www.torpedo7.com.au/shop/bike/protection

weldin_mike_27

Likes Bikes
I know at least 3 people who became organ donors after SMALL knocks to the head, thought they were fine, then collapsed. Just make it easy on those around you and wear your damn helmet. You won't care if your kidneys go to a 45 year old derro named merv but your mum sure will.

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
I know at least 3 people who became organ donors after SMALL knocks to the head, thought they were fine, then collapsed. Just make it easy on those around you and wear your damn helmet. You won't care if your kidneys go to a 45 year old derro named merv but your mum sure will.
This! Sometimes even a relatively small hit in the wrong place can cause a subdural haematoma, then It's lights out very quickly. Even falling from a standing position is more than enough force to cause this in healthy people in a lot of instances.

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
funny how so many fuckwits go on forums these days try to get some usefull help and get bombarded with wankers eat a dick cunts i bet you keyboard warriors wouldnt give me shit at the trails so why try here
I think it has more to do with the fact that as a community, mtbers hate head injuries. It is one of the most serious things that can happen to you on a bike, even with a helmet on. With just a cap to protect your noggin you're asking for trouble. If copping a tongue lashing on the Internet is the worst thing that comes out of dirt jumping without a helmet, you are a lucky man.

butchapalooza

Likes Dirt
I think it has more to do with the fact that as a community, mtbers hate head injuries. It is one of the most serious things that can happen to you on a bike, even with a helmet on. With just a cap to protect your noggin you're asking for trouble. If copping a tongue lashing on the Internet is the worst thing that comes out of dirt jumping without a helmet, you are a lucky man.
personally i think most having a sook dont ride at all just ride keyboards people need to learn if you aint got nothing good to say dont say nothing at all

tex72

Likes Dirt
...... i bet you keyboard warriors wouldnt give me shit at the trails so why try here
:fish2:

I bet you I would if you were riding without a helmet because I wouldn't want to be the one holding your hand while we waited for Careflight to arrive.:fish:

Pastavore

Eats Squid
funny how so many fuckwits go on forums these days try to get some usefull help and get bombarded with wankers eat a dick cunts i bet you keyboard warriors wouldnt give me shit at the trails so why try here
Butch, people aren't trying to be dickheads, they are trying to help you realise that you should be riding with a helmet. I have previously worked in a few neurosurgery wards around Melbourne. You can get a serious brain injury or die from a relatively mild knock to the head. You just need to be unlucky. And trust me, you do not want a brain injury. It is fucked up for you, and fucked up for those who have to look after you. Mountain biking is dangerous enough anyway, just do your bit to minimise the risk.