A little bit of advice please

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Speaking of...if teenagers have been getting chain line right in their garages on bmx for the last 209 years it can't be that difficult.
You're too young to remember the 210 year old method that involved tying string around ones dangly bits and getting them as close to the chain/gear combo to see if there were any alignment issues....then, Nicole Kidman invented the BMX...... and many young people rejoiced, and slid down water slides.....

S

sc.

Likes Dirt
Stand are out of stock unfortunately, otherwise they'd be great.

The Hopes look good too but I really wanted to keep the $ well under 600.

thanks for showing me those though.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Was about to suggest the Nukeproof neutron wheelset for $300 but CRC no longer do it. They offer all the parts for about the same if you want to build up yourself though.

Reactions: sc.

sc.

Likes Dirt
I was about to pull the trigger on those and thought I'd sleep on it, next day they were gone. I'll check out the parts, but I've never built any wheels before.

cheers

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There seems to be pretty random assortment of wheels on Gumtree. What exactly you looking for?

sc.

Likes Dirt
I've had a bit of a look on Gumtree, I'm just after a set of 29er boost wheels that can hopefully fit a 2.4 or bigger tyre on them. I found some Nukeproof Horizons on there last week but the bloke isn't interested in posting them.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeh i just tried to find those horizons as well but couldn't see them listed anymore.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just saw you can build your own nukeproof wheels on CRC with the Neutron hubs and rims. They work out to be about $380.

sc.

Likes Dirt
Thanks mate, looks as though the Horizons and Neutrons are back as complete wheel sets too, might be the way to go I think.

sc.

Likes Dirt
Went to check out some Bontrager xxx wheels tonight, a bit narrower than I was after but the price was too good to pass up and they should do the job for a while. Gives me a little more cash to spend on a crankset and derailleur etc.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It's time to fork out some real dollars and get some good wheels.

What condition are your hubs in? Maybe it's worth just getting new rims.

sc.

Likes Dirt
It's time to fork out some real dollars and get some good wheels.

What condition are your hubs in? Maybe it's worth just getting new rims.
Haha, I suppose I already know this.

Hubs are fine and that is probably a good way to go. Thanks for the input.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Bontrager hubs are pretty awful. @Zaf has been making short work of them. Keep an eye out on the Facebook pages and ebay for a set of Hope pro2 or pro2 evos laced to to a half decent set of rims.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Fresh rim build can be pricey, especially if the hubs pack it in. So it's a bit of a coin toss.
Haha, I suppose I already know this.

Hubs are fine and that is probably a good way to go. Thanks for the input.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
I've had a bit of a look on Gumtree, I'm just after a set of 29er boost wheels that can hopefully fit a 2.4 or bigger tyre on them. I found some Nukeproof Horizons on there last week but the bloke isn't interested in posting them.
Would you consider 27.5 plus wheels? I might have a set of dt Swiss M1700 boost practically new for sale in couple of days. Will have new tyres and some spares as well

sc.

Likes Dirt
Would you consider 27.5 plus wheels? I might have a set of dt Swiss M1700 boost practically new for sale in couple of days. Will have new tyres and some spares as well
I'd prefer to stick to 29's, I don't think 27.5 plus will actually fit the steel Honzo anyway. Thank you though.