Aaron Gwin and his Specialized S-Works Demo 8

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
He`s an ugly dooode , theres not much hope for him even in TLD . Plenty of ride style but no inercool .

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took me a while to realise that the bars were turned in the last picture, thought that the HA had suddenly gotten extremely steep.

Luke.Z

Likes Bikes
this mite be a stupid question but what stops you or needs to be changed to run 40tys on a demo frame
On a carbon frame you do not need to modify anything, i almost get the same turning circle as my brothers v10. On an alluminum frame you get barely any turning because the headtube area is slighlty different.

brendonj

Likes Dirt
On a carbon frame you do not need to modify anything, i almost get the same turning circle as my brothers v10. On an alluminum frame you get barely any turning because the headtube area is slighlty different.
The main issue is in the garage isn't it - not on the track?

Luke.Z

Likes Bikes
Once the bike is on the track you don't notice it at all, until you get to a really tight corner but even there you just lock it and slide and it's fine.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Once the bike is on the track you don't notice it at all, until you get to a really tight corner but even there you just lock it and slide and it's fine.
i notice it on track when im doing hektik bar turns mid air. the forks touch closer. But its alright, because then it turns into a whip

B.utters

Likes Dirt
what shifter is that?? x0 with blackbox?

and interesting rear mech/axle support..... do most DH bikes have that?
Yep, Blackbox X0 and that little thing out the back is a deraileur hanger protector or some such thing. It's purely a Specialized thing which pretty much defeats the purpose of having a derailleur hanger.

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
Yep, Blackbox X0 and that little thing out the back is a deraileur hanger protector or some such thing. It's purely a Specialized thing which pretty much defeats the purpose of having a derailleur hanger.
Loops like an additional Mount to have it in double shear. Looks burly