Aaron Gwin Signs With Specialized

heavyp

You heard it here first
WOW
[video=youtube;42DncXWQkxc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=42DncXWQkxc[/video]

“I'm super excited to start this new chapter in my career with Specialized bicycles. The entire Specialized staff has welcomed me with open arms and I'm blown away by the level of support they've shown me. This is my dream program and I can't thank them enough for this opportunity. Bring on 2013!” - Aaron Gwin

“The combination of Aaron Gwin and the Specialized brand have an American storyline written all over it that was always meant to be. Aaron will not only bring another element to the program, but it’ll be amazing watching this trio ripping down the tracks together. We can’t wait to get started with this new exciting opportunity and look forward to the season ahead.” - Sean Heimdal, Team Manager

“I’m stoked to have a new teammate this year, it will be a fresh start and I will be able to learn a lot of things from Aaron. The season starts late this year and will give everyone time to get to know each other and do testing on the Bike. I cannot wait to work together and smash out runs!” - Troy Brosnan

“We are really excited to have Aaron on board. He has a lot of interest in product development, advocacy, junior development, and so do we. We are looking forward to a very successful future together.” - Geoff Rogers, Specialized Sports Marketing

About Specialized: Specialized Bicycle Components was founded in 1974 by riders for riders. Based in Northern California, we focus on the rider's need for functional and technically advanced products that provide a performance benefit.
www.specialized.com

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Holy fuck balls. That is huge news. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notice Troy's Monster hat and Aaron's Red Bull hat. Domination!

Last edited:

morticus

Likes Dirt
Will be good to see if Gwin can still dominate on a different bike. There was a reason behind Gwin and Troy hanging out a lot last year... Good on Gwin for taking up the challenge.

Either that or these 2 just trolled the shit out of everyone...

rb baby

Likes Dirt
I think the announcement was very well done and based on the poll done on Pinkbike was cool as fark. Gwin and Brosnan seemed stoked. Just goes to show the great level of comradery in the sport.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Hang on, Gwin signed a three year deal with Trek in August last year. You'd be paying big bucks to buy that contract out.

morticus

Likes Dirt
The link to the Gwin/Trek deal has dissapeared.

And it makes sense after reading the pinkbike article why MES was so quiet and agitated at the interview. Bye bye... at least redbull tastes good.

Last edited:

heavyp

You heard it here first
“I'm super excited to start this new chapter in my career with Specialized bicycles. The entire Specialized staff has welcomed me with open arms and I'm blown away by the level of support they've shown me. This is my dream program and I can't thank them enough for this opportunity. Bring on 2013!” - Aaron Gwin

“The combination of Aaron Gwin and the Specialized brand have an American storyline written all over it that was always meant to be. Aaron will not only bring another element to the program, but it’ll be amazing watching this trio ripping down the tracks together. We can’t wait to get started with this new exciting opportunity and look forward to the season ahead.” - Sean Heimdal, Team Manager

“I’m stoked to have a new teammate this year, it will be a fresh start and I will be able to learn a lot of things from Aaron. The season starts late this year and will give everyone time to get to know each other and do testing on the Bike. I cannot wait to work together and smash out runs!” - Troy Brosnan

“We are really excited to have Aaron on board. He has a lot of interest in product development, advocacy, junior development, and so do we. We are looking forward to a very successful future together.” - Geoff Rogers, Specialized Sports Marketing

About Specialized: Specialized Bicycle Components was founded in 1974 by riders for riders. Based in Northern California, we focus on the rider's need for functional and technically advanced products that provide a performance benefit.
www.specialized.com