Aaron Gwin Signs With Specialized

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think BOS suspension should hit him up, might win rounds by average of 15 secs up on second place, instead of 3-8 secs........

What has happened with Danny Hart anyway, did he have a major crash early last year that has put him out????????
Dislocated his shoulder part way through 2012 I believe but is now, I think, back on the bike and good to go for 2013

Kamikazee ideki

Likes Dirt
Gwin mentioned on his Twitter that there is a lot more to his split with TWR than has been shared thus far so will be interesting to see that come to light.

morticus

Likes Dirt
I guess that Specialized just waited to see what Sam was going to do? If they hadn't of lost him, i cant see that Gwin would have had a spot...

dienamics

Likes Dirt
Makes a bit of sense, Sam hill going to nuke proof...really? I thought that was a bit of a step back and its now plain to see why. In some ways I think good on Gwin for making the move, he isnt going to be around for ever and you never know what can happen injury wise with DH, might as well get cashed up while he can. That said I am a little sad to see him go from Trek being a fan of the session. I think it was a mistake to drop their XC team, put all their eggs into one basket...wonder if they are regretting that now!

At the end of the day, Sam and Gwin are still the same people, just on a different rigs! They are also professional athletes and its their job to sell bikes.

Would be good to see if Trek can get someone in like the bull dog and see how far he can go in a cashed up team. Go the kiwi's! :D

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Fox racing shox all over the Demo................

Last edited:

morticus

Likes Dirt
At the end of the day it will end all the speculation that "Gwin will win on anything". It's hard to think that all these guys swap bikes for the pay check, i'd rather think that Gwin thought after winning 2 world titles, and dominating the sport, that he wanted to switch it up and prove that he really is the best. As much as i like specialized bikes, i don't love the company. Its safe to say that everyone will be backing Sam this year. In all of this no-one has given a shout out to Ropelato who seems to have picked up himself a permanent spot on the team.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
perhaps Smith might move to Trek - he has so much potential

hope it is too a great year for all the aussies - regardless of teams.

Gwin does not appear to be the most popular rider on the tour - perhaps it is due to his relative recent move for motocross to DH, jealousy, intense management supervision or because his strong religious beliefs have excluded him going out on the town and getting p*ssed with Peat, getting into a fight with Warner and being turkey slapped by Cedric G in Vegas - right of passage for all new aspiring Dhers.

I miss seeing Chris K, Rennie and Hill sticking it to them all on any given day - they seemed to really muscle their way through runs with sheer power and testicles

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Gwin does not appear to be the most popular rider on the tour - perhaps it is due to his relative recent move for motocross to DH, jealousy, intense management supervision or because his strong religious beliefs have excluded him going out on the town and getting p*ssed with Peat, getting into a fight with Warner and being turkey slapped by Cedric G in Vegas - right of passage for all new aspiring Dhers.
Personally, I find it so irritating that a person has their life dictated and directed by a mythical belief that in the grand scheme of things.............is a myth. Whatever floats your boat, he is obviously enjoying what he does. Maybe he is so fast on Sunday arvo's because he has to make sure he is at the nearest church for the 6pm service? Maybe God is the secret to being awesome!

Downhill_Only

Likes Dirt
perhaps Smith might move to Trek - he has so much potential

hope it is too a great year for all the aussies - regardless of teams.

I miss seeing Chris K, Rennie and Hill sticking it to them all on any given day - they seemed to really muscle their way through runs with sheer power and testicles

Stevie will be staying with Devinci

Big JD

Wheel size expert
GOD is there for you too Dozer- but not me

Personally, I find it so irritating that a person has their life dictated and directed by a mythical belief that in the grand scheme of things.............is a myth. Whatever floats your boat, he is obviously enjoying what he does. Maybe he is so fast on Sunday arvo's because he has to make sure he is at the nearest church for the 6pm service? Maybe God is the secret to being awesome!
perhaps he has God on his side - good for him - unfortunately God lost my address in the mid 80s around the time I discovered a facination in girls, punk music, bikes, booze and other stuff. I have since curbed my interest in some of those vices but sadly he isnt returning my emails. it seems God is also on the side of the pro-gun lobbist in the US as well - he gets around.

heavyp

You heard it here first
Maybe everyone is just pissed that a new dude rocked up to the scene and they can't beat him.
What happens if he does get beat do they start blaming the bike which has a knock on effect " maybe Sam could of won in 2012 on a different bike or did everyone just step up there game.

Its going to be an interesting season I just wish it was longer and started earlier!

Ruys

Likes Dirt
He's not popular because he has about as much personality as a wet mop. Can ride a bike though.

morticus

Likes Dirt
The fact the tour has so little races is shit. I think there is no reason we couldnt have 12 or 18 rounds, then they could still take 3 months off a year. I suppose there just isn't that much money to be made from it yet, or it would already be happening. It is good to see Sam and Troy doing the national rounds too though, so i guess there would be less of that.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
So why is Sam popular ? as its not for his personality
touche HP -

Sam was absent from speech, ellocution lessions in his youth but he is probably a lot of fun to hang out with when drunk and loose in the a mountain resort town in the French Alps.

Last edited:

Ruys

Likes Dirt
So why is Sam popular ? as its not for his personality
True, but at least Sam's riding style is really exciting to watch. Gwin is fast as hell but really precise and calculated and just doesn't seem to put me on the edge of my seat like Sam does.