About Time! (Fox 180 sc inside)

kozlik9

Likes Dirt
nice only problem is the they did the Manitou thing and the lowers go past the axle. It looks so bad (and yes i do know why they do it)

kill_switch

Dead-set Idiot
very nice forks and about time too.
finally gives an option between totems and the N'Dee

and for the uneducated, such as myself, WHY is that ??
For manitou i wa under the impression that they did he because the reverse arch would hit the frame otherwise. Stanchions got longer and axle came up a bit, not sure why fox do it though

red

Likes Dirt
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! so going to buy a set
they will be the best forks ever i mean totems cross 40s
its like a dream come to life

Kamikazee ideki

Likes Dirt
Is there a reason that Kowa, Manitou and Marzocchi have been left out?

Looks pretty cool. If they don't feel too rubbishy I may get one.
The Fox's stanchions are 38mm. :)
New Marzocchi's (08 onwards) have terrible reliability, Manitou's ride shithouse and have many reliability issues. The Kowa isn't a true 180mm fork, and while the travel can be adjusted to run at 180mm Kowa reccomends against it....

Welshy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For manitou i wa under the impression that they did he because the reverse arch would hit the frame otherwise. Stanchions got longer and axle came up a bit, not sure why fox do it though
Nice one.

Manitou started doing it back in the golden years as somewhat of a safety measure. The thought was that if the axle broke, or the lever came undone and the wheel came off the drop outs wouldn't be mangled in the resulting ground contact.

I can only assume that Fox have done the same thing to make way for their new FIT cartridge, that may need some extra room for their 'inverted' internals.

red

Likes Dirt
The Fox's stanchions are 38mm. :)
New Marzocchi's (08 onwards) have terrible reliability, Manitou's ride shithouse and have many reliability issues. The Kowa isn't a true 180mm fork, and while the travel can be adjusted to run at 180mm Kowa reccomends against it....
very very true

Ryan H

Likes Dirt
Is there a reason that Kowa, Manitou and Marzocchi have been left out?

Looks pretty cool. If they don't feel too rubbishy I may get one.

Hmmmmm, maybe because theyre SHIT.

Wondering on price am really interested as i love singles butdo want 40s as well

Welshy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmmmmm, maybe because theyre SHIT.
Got anything to back that up with? Anything at all?

You rode some shitty 'Blacks' and now hate Manitou? Great for you, very educated and well justified comparison there.

Congratulations, you just became another reason to believe all hope for humanity is lost.

rstwosix

Likes Dirt
Why don't they bite the bullit and make a dual crown 36 as well - with the same adjustable travel (203-160) as the 40, a Ti spring , comparable weight to a Boxxer coil (Race & Team) and a price tag as close to Rock Shox as possible. Then we'd see some action - bet they'd outsell the 40 ten to one.

red

Likes Dirt
Got anything to back that up with? Anything at all?

You rode some shitty 'Blacks' and now hate Manitou? Great for you, very educated and well justified comparison there.

Congratulations, you just became another reason to believe all hope for humanity is lost.
my mates 55s last about 4 weeks every time he get them back from the shop and their back to being shit,
and Manitou are just a joke

Indestructible

Likes Dirt
my mates 55s last about 4 weeks every time he get them back from the shop and their back to being shit,
and Manitou are just a joke
I run 55's on my hardtail and really i couldnt be happier with them, coming up on two years now and they are still great, mabey your idea of shit is different to mine. As for manitous i have nothing to say other than reading revies that mostly say opposite to you. :rolleyes:

red

Likes Dirt
I run 55's on my hardtail and really i couldnt be happier with them, coming up on two years now and they are still great, mabey your idea of shit is different to mine. As for manitous i have nothing to say other than reading revies that mostly say opposite to you. :rolleyes:
like the rebound dieing on them
and i know 3 people that have had the same thing happen to them