accents

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Good... and quick... but not QUITE perfect, baby puppy.
Committee for State Security... but I'll give you 9.5 out of ten for that

And Im not THAT old! :)

Grip

Good... and quick... but not QUITE perfect, baby puppy.
Committee for State Security... but I'll give you 9.5 out of ten for that

And Im not THAT old! :)

wombat

Lives in a hole
Well close enough is good enough for me, christ I can't even say hello in Russian!

Nah, not babel though, I just did a google search for "KGB definition" and it popped up on the first site........wait, what I meant was I searched through my immense general knowledge and pulled it out.....yeah, that's it....

wombat

Lives in a hole
Well close enough is good enough for me, christ I can't even say hello in Russian!

Nah, not babel though, I just did a google search for "KGB definition" and it popped up on the first site........wait, what I meant was I searched through my immense general knowledge and pulled it out.....yeah, that's it....

Grip

I used to have some Russian friends, but all I know how to say is "if you pour me more vodka I really am gonna kill you!"

Grip

I used to have some Russian friends, but all I know how to say is "if you pour me more vodka I really am gonna kill you!"

S.

ex offender
Grip said:
Wombat... I would read that as MIZ-AIR-REAR and TREE-OON-FAR-RA
Wouldn't it be TREE-OON-FAR-YA? I wouldn't really know, but isn't that what that accent thingy does?

Grip

If this is going on any longer I think we bow to "schmooks" opinion... he seems to have the spanish thing going on nicely.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Grip said:
If this is going on any longer I think we bow to "schmooks" opinion... he seems to have the spanish thing going on nicely.
*cough* her opinion *cough*.

Schmook, is Socket right? is that what the accent does? anybody else know???

S.

ex offender
Now I've got it...that accent is the acute accent, and it causes the emphasis to be placed on the syllable which the vowel containing it is in, instead of where it might otherwise be emphasised.