Accountability of Parole Boards....

mtb1611

Seymour
I thought there was a review into the short comings of the process that resulted in him being allowed to walk the streets when he should've been locked up? This at least is a start to ensuring that it doesn't happen again.

I'm not advocating for the criminals. My concern is when the Herald Sun, or some other arsehole (not you, I don't think you're an arsehole) wants to create fear in the community when the huge majority of people are quite decent. People are scared of each other when they shouldn't be. I wonder if everyone was more community minded and had more concern for people they don't know but they pass in the street, rather than living in fear of them, whether things like what happened to Jill Meagher would happen less.
I agree 100% (not in regard to me not being an arsehole, because I know that sometimes I am!) in regard to the impact that the decline of community-mindedness has had on society; we simply don't look out for one another anymore. Begs the thought: how many people had Jill Meagher (as an example) walked passed that night who thought "She shouldn't be out walking alone this late"? Not criticising them because I've been in situations where I've thought that yet not done anything about it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Out walking the streets...how do we know this guy is out walking the streets? Maybe he is at home banging the baby sitter!

Thank you George Carlin.