Acros Hydraulic shifters, 8,9 or ten speed compatible.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
And they look like something from robotech.

How nice are those lines. Would love to try a set.

The FD and RD look amazing.
I wonder how the LBS would go getting a spare cage or component?

chidsmtnbikr

Likes Dirt
thats awsome i need one. no more freyed cables. wonder how much they are. and i wonder if theres a click in the shifter when you shift.

fairy1

Banned
I don't think they'll need to, the RRP is 1600 Euro, that is quite expensive but being 175g lighter than XTR I guess someone will be crazy enough to buy them.

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
Acros can't take any credit for this product as they didn't design or manufacture it, this hydraulic derailleur and shifting system was designed and manufactured in 2005 by German company 5rot.

Recently Acros acquired 5rot and have just replaced the 5rot logo with an Acros engraving and introduced the products to a wider market through sites like Pinkbike by marketing it as a "new product" which it isn't, being 6 years old and all

fairy1

Banned
Holden take credit for rebadging Daewoos, Acros supposedly employ the(or a) designer of the original version so it seems they have done the right thing by helping someone that helped make it happen and it will be manufactured in Germany.

I imagine it would take some serious balls and funding to release something like this, especially if you're a company 95+% of riders haven't heard of.

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Acros are pretty well known in europe.. ;)
Us Aussies dont really get to see much of whats really out there most of the time.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
^^^

We don't see much here because a niche segment here is like 4 or 5 units ... not really worth the time for them or us ... shame

castlo

Likes Dirt
shame it is

It is a crying shame because how are we ment to know what brands are out there, niche or not, and that can bring more competitiveness (is that a word) to our market for bike parts...even if there was one supplier for them we could atleast have that option of having them.

anyone feel free to correct me, but i honestly feel we are missing out because they perceive our market as a 'waste of effort and time' to sell them down here

0psi

Eats Squid
It is a crying shame because how are we ment to know what brands are out there, niche or not, and that can bring more competitiveness (is that a word) to our market for bike parts...even if there was one supplier for them we could atleast have that option of having them.

anyone feel free to correct me, but i honestly feel we are missing out because they perceive our market as a 'waste of effort and time' to sell them down here
Unfortunately its just business, it's not so much they who feel we aren't a worth while market it's more that no one here is going to invest money bringing in a product that they might sell, especially something like this with a price tag that makes XX look like it's sold at Big W.

If you want to see more niche brands out here then you need to get more people cycling. Alternatively, if you think that it's a product that should be sold in this country then import and distro it yourself. I've done just that with a niche brand that I think is the ducks nuts.

nickhagee

Likes Dirt
thats awsome i need one. no more freyed cables. wonder how much they are. and i wonder if theres a click in the shifter when you shift.
oh boy oh boy. now comes all the hydraulic problems that can come with brakes like pressure build up, blah blah. the pressures would have to all remain the same for each indexed gear to work perfectly, but when changes in temperature can change pressures in the system you will fiddle with it constantly. not to mention the mess and expense that will happen when the derailleur inevitably gets ripped off the bike heh

considering a frayed cable barely happens...

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
It looks great and is exotic and all but do we really need a product like this. Since I bought a bike with full length cable outers I have not had a single issue with shifting. My bike is now 2 years old and I haven't touched the cables since it left the shop. Nit sure why all bikes don't have full length outers but this fixes the problems with shifting that this extremely expensive product tries to address.

jayjay3032

Likes Bikes
Needs have nothing to do with it. Good marketing will ensure people constantly have their wants confused with their needs.

This is an awesome looking product.

0psi

Eats Squid
Then the people with more money than brains shall have hydro shifting!
Fixed it up for ya :p

From what I've heard it actually works very well, main thing being you can force shifts either way as the hydro lines work to shift both up and down so you don't have to rely on a spring to shift in one direction. But the benefits don't come even close to justifying the price tag, if it were XO or even XX money I'd think about giving it a try but at that price it's only good for comic relief.

Last edited:

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
just came across the DIRT review whilst they (not me) were at sea otter

shame its so exccy. (although its come down already ... first saw 1900EUR :eek: ... 1.4 to 1.5 is sooo much cheaper ;) won't be long until its $56.95 on CRC shirley)

For the first gen skeptics like me ... have a read of the advantages ... I thought they were interesting ... discuss

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So if the hydraulics push both ways and there is no reliance on a spring it should last longer? My 10+ year old rear mech was replaced because it wasn't shifting back under spring tension properly. price difference still far outweighs that advantage though.

0psi

Eats Squid
I heard about this a while back and thought it was a great idea, low weight and the ability to 'force' shifts both ways is nice. Being a sealed system I imagine it will be quite reliable regardless of conditions and seeing as there's no cable to get gummed up it will stay silky smooth almost indefinately. But unless you're an Arab prince it's just not worth the money. If it gets to a price that's comparable to other high end drivetrains then I'll be right up the front of the line but till then my poor mans cable actuated deralleurs will do just fine.

floody

Wheel size expert
I think this is the next big thing for MTB, how long ago were we all running V-brakes becuase disks were so expensive?
I think to be fair we were mostly running V-brakes because a new frame, fork or wheelset to run discs was so expensive.

Conversely Magura HS22s had a pretty long track record for years before Vs and they were no cheaper than discs.