Adam Goodes - sook or wronged man? / Australia - Racist or Naive or No Worries?

Hellyeah

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fark!!........I-really-want-to-join-in-on-this-thread,-but-I'm-white-so-my-words-will-be-considered-racist:tsk:

Adam-Goodes-tho....what-a-absolute-sook!!.-Wonder-how-he'd-go-in-the-EPL-where-the-heckling-is-nasty
not-just-booo's.

Someone-get-hurt-feelings-report

fridgie

Likes Dirt
OK, so let's go back to that round - as you say he'd been booed up to that point, it's probably worse early this year than last year, but we get to the indigenous round .... So if you were Goodes and decided you wanted to do a war dance, when would you choose and to whom would you do it?
Very fucken easy, after I'd made an on field achievement ie: scoring.

That's when I would either celebrate with a war dance by myself, with my team mates or direct it at my opposing player NOT THE FUCKEN OPPOSITION CROWD IN AN ANTAGONISTIC FASHION.

Goodes and the crowds have been fighting for ages. Slowly escalating. He turned a game into his own political platform. People disrespect him for this.

He called out a 13yr old girl and crucified her publicly. Sure, she deserved punishment but not like that.

He was awarded Australian of the year, absolutely slams Australians in general, doesn't celebrate Australia day (sorry, invasion day... How does he decide which part of his heritage to stand up for? Seems to have thrown half of it away........) and generally gets people offside.

He is given the opportunity to celebrate (half of) his heritage and uses it to antagonise the opposition supporters.

He's given many people many reasons not to like him. He's pushed and pushed at people. While I find it great that he is prepared to stand up for his rights and beliefs he does it in the most antagonistic way possible, gets the exact reaction he wants then lobs in the racist grenade.

This time it got too big for him, he's run away crying. Problem is, he is entirely responsible through his own actions in getting a reaction from the crowd. He doesn't like it/can't handle it, why should we back away??

(prob should let it be known, I'm not a booer, personally think Goodes is a knob and beginning to knock on the mundine door but I've never been a booer.)

This whole issue is so massively divisive, emotional and ingrained that a footballer with a chip on his shoulder is definitely not the right person to handle the required nuances in the public spotlight.

floody

Wheel size expert
Very fucken easy, after I'd made an on field achievement ie: scoring.

That's when I would either celebrate with a war dance by myself, with my team mates or direct it at my opposing player NOT THE FUCKEN OPPOSITION CROWD IN AN ANTAGONISTIC FASHION.

Goodes and the crowds have been fighting for ages. Slowly escalating. He turned a game into his own political platform. People disrespect him for this.

He called out a 13yr old girl and crucified her publicly. Sure, she deserved punishment but not like that.

He was awarded Australian of the year, absolutely slams Australians in general, doesn't celebrate Australia day (sorry, invasion day... How does he decide which part of his heritage to stand up for? Seems to have thrown half of it away........) and generally gets people offside.

He is given the opportunity to celebrate (half of) his heritage and uses it to antagonise the opposition supporters.

He's given many people many reasons not to like him. He's pushed and pushed at people. While I find it great that he is prepared to stand up for his rights and beliefs he does it in the most antagonistic way possible, gets the exact reaction he wants then lobs in the racist grenade.

This time it got too big for him, he's run away crying. Problem is, he is entirely responsible through his own actions in getting a reaction from the crowd. He doesn't like it/can't handle it, why should we back away??

(prob should let it be known, I'm not a booer, personally think Goodes is a knob and beginning to knock on the mundine door but I've never been a booer.)

This whole issue is so massively divisive, emotional and ingrained that a footballer with a chip on his shoulder is definitely not the right person to handle the required nuances in the public spotlight.

Oh my fucking gods. So let's see first you come out with the 'antagonising the crowds' BS, what a load of tosh, like a crowd of thousands of mostly adult-aged people can't deal with a bloke doing a dance.

Then you sneak in a few snipes with your personal definition of his aboriginality, class act Andrew Bolt.

Why shouldn't he push and push? Why not use his profile and exposure in the game not just to make merch and gambling companies rich, but to actually get some wheels turning in the community (in this case rolling in a direction that a lot of people are uncomfortable with...meh)?

It's only divisive if you're a racist or a thoughtless, self entitled twit.

moorey

call me Mia
You obviously haven't seen/heard what actually happened, even though links were posted explaining that exactly the opposite happened. Oh, wait, that didn't fit your narrative, do you made up your own version or parroted what other imbeciles have said. Stay classy.

fridgie

Likes Dirt
Oh my fucking gods. So let's see first you come out with the 'antagonising the crowds' BS, what a load of tosh, like a crowd of thousands of mostly adult-aged people can't deal with a bloke doing a dance.

Then you sneak in a few snipes with your personal definition of his aboriginality, class act Andrew Bolt.

Why shouldn't he push and push? Why not use his profile and exposure in the game not just to make merch and gambling companies rich, but to actually get some wheels turning in the community (in this case rolling in a direction that a lot of people are uncomfortable with...meh)?

It's only divisive if you're a racist or a thoughtless, self entitled twit.
Wow, comprehend much??

You antagonise a crowd that already doesn't like you and things will escalate. Everyone can see this as fact.

Miming throwing a spear into the crowd does not equal a little dance. It's intent was to rile them up, it worked.

Andrew Bolt? Who the fucks that?

Can't be fucked going through the rest, tell you what. If you pick out the individual pieces you've completely misread what I've written I'll take a look.

moorey

call me Mia
Wow, comprehend much??

You antagonise a crowd that already doesn't like you and things will escalate. Everyone can see this as fact.

Miming throwing a spear into the crowd does not equal a little dance. It's intent was to rile them up, it worked.

Andrew Bolt? Who the fucks that?

Can't be fucked going through the rest, tell you what. If you pick out the individual pieces you've completely misread what I've written I'll take a look.
try this for starters.
http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/the-project/extra/season-7/the-rewriting-of-history-on-adam-goodes

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Google they're chants, goodes wouldn't make it out of the make up room
Wake up to yourself and have a good long think about what you're spouting. What's this make up room you speak of?

I've been to plenty of EPL games (by the way, it's even worse in the League or League One) I'm well aware of the different chants directed at certain teams/players> Like I said above I think A Goodes would be a great role model in the EPL if football was his chosen sport.

Hellyeah

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So...was-there-any-"BOO'S"-from-the-crowd-or-did-the-feelings-fluffers...(cops)-get-all-over-it?