Adjustable Seat Posts

bootsandall

Likes Dirt
X-fusion Hilo

Mate has one of these and so far no complaints, other than the standard small amount of rotation of the seat which is present in most adjustable posts. Install was easy and I will be getting one soon myself for a new build. The standard hilo price is $228, hit up DIYMTB.com for a list of stockist.

ChopSticks

Banned
Nerf! When are the carbon levs expected to land?!?!?

more importantly.... How can I get my hands on the Ti Lev bolts ?!?!? :D

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
ok guys , im finally going to get a lev, but I would like to know how pepole decided what lenght drop (100,125,150mm)
they needed/wanted, was it trial and error or just an educated guess.
Thanks Grant

I used this to work out what travel would be best for me http://forums.mtbr.com/knolly/ks-lev-sizing-838716.html

In the end, by memory, I could have probably gone with any of them. Ended up with a 125mm because it would have allowed me to get my seat lower than the 100mm, and have less static post exposed (looks better imo).
Wish I had seen this two weeks ago when I bit the bullet and bought my first Dropper, KS Supernatural 150. Oh well, still super happy even though the 150mm travel is a bit high in its fully extended position. I didn't factor in the "collar" length of the seatpost that cannot be inserted into the seat tube.

Slightly off topic: does anyone have a blue or black lever kit they want to sell, or trade for a red kit?
Needs to fit a KS Supernatural i950

Nerdbox

Likes Dirt
ok guys , im finally going to get a lev, but I would like to know how pepole decided what lenght drop (100,125,150mm)
they needed/wanted, was it trial and error or just an educated guess.
Thanks Grant
Depends on your frame and height.

Measure your seat post at XC extension and then at what you'd run for DH...the difference is the drop you require

(Obviously need to check to make sure the collar doesn't play into things also)

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Anyone converted a ks to remote and got a spare lever, any colour? I'll buy from you or trade you the little actuator (haven't got the remote or cable). Long story short, lbs had one they used the remote and cable off for something else. I've got remotes I could use, but like the levers better.
Cheers.

moorey

call me Mia
Wish I had seen this two weeks ago when I bit the bullet and bought my first Dropper, KS Supernatural 150. Oh well, still super happy even though the 150mm travel is a bit high in its fully extended position. I didn't factor in the "collar" length of the seatpost that cannot be inserted into the seat tube.

Slightly off topic: does anyone have a blue or black lever kit they want to sell, or trade for a red kit?
Needs to fit a KS Supernatural i950
I'll swap you a brand new supernatural 125mm if you're interested?
fitted last night, ride it to work this morning. I'll sort out the lever for it if you're interested (see above)

markb84

Likes Dirt
actuating paddle flaps

Has anyone used a front mech shifter to actuate their dropper?

Playing around with the idea of replacing my KS remote for a front shifter, mainly to allow a more natural actuation (I have to raise my thumb at present, it's not too annoying but I can't help feeling that a shifter is better from an ergonomic point of view) but also to allow me to eat up slack with the built in adjuster (the KS inline adjuster is just annoying and impractical).

I get that there's a weight increase but it's going to be bugger all really. Just want to hear if anyone has had success/failures or advice.

Cheers

ChopSticks

Banned

Playing around with the idea of replacing my KS remote for a front shifter, mainly to allow a more natural actuation (I have to raise my thumb at present, it's not too annoying but I can't help feeling that a shifter is better from an ergonomic point of view) but also to allow me to eat up slack with the built in adjuster (the KS inline adjuster is just annoying and impractical).

I get that there's a weight increase but it's going to be bugger all really. Just want to hear if anyone has had success/failures or advice.

Cheers
I saw a similar mod with an XTR shifter/dropper yesterday, and instantly wanted to do the same with mine.

After running the supplied KS remote for months, it just didnt feel 'right'. No matter how much I fiddled with the angle/reach, my thumb would feel sore operating the remote.

Noticed a matching x0 shifter (Black 2spd) newly listed on ebay, shot the seller an offer, and picked it up this evening!
Big thanks to Langers for lending me his black shifter clamp as the shifter was sold without one.

Hooked everything up, cut the inner to length, and played with the shifter's barrel adjust until the lever felt 'just right'

It feels perfect and so ergonomic now!!!

moorey

call me Mia

Cheers
Chopsticks has. Look up his SB66 thread in PYR...
Or you could man up, and ditch the remote :thumb:

SNAP. Damn you chops :rant:

moorey

call me Mia
Cheers Chops!

Moorey, if you're going to be a smartarse at least check if someone else has posted first. This just makes you look like an idiot. I imagine you're crying into a big bag of dicks right now.
OR, he posted at SAME time, cock eyes, check the posts. Who looks like a cockhead now? You're welcome though, fucked if i'll try to help you again, dick bag:wave:

ChopSticks

Banned
I had just the perfect amount of cable and barrel adjust that the front shifter doesn't click over into the next gear.... So all that's required is a simple push/ghost shift to activate the droper

this mod has actually allowed me use the dropper more often