Adjustable Seat Posts

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
BTW ... we have a few i-beam supernaturals ... without having ridden them in the mud, I think they are better enclosed with a noddle thingy where the cable actuator thing is on the standard Supernat ... my theory is this prolly resist some of the problems your having Moorey ... ie, re: your neo cover thingy ... just an FYI

niki125

Likes Dirt
And look at the comments....all praise for KS. :clap2::clap2:
I love how pinkBIke always say that the reverb is at the top of the adjustable post pile.... Oh but we've never tested the KS...

DOn't think the DOSS will keep up with the reverb or KS, the lack of base cable routing is a big problem and the size of that lever!! geez!! Gonna be a long time before someone comes up with something better than the KS lever.

mason33

Likes Dirt
I went with the Reverb mainly because I had gift voucher from chain reaction and they don't stock the LEV. After installing it and mucking around with hose location and where the slack would go, I wish I would have have went with the LEV. However on trail performance has been perfect, the remote is neatly hidden under the left brake lever (1x10) and IMO it's the best looking adjustable seat post not that looks counts for much, function over form.

Nerf Herder's link the to the Reverb seat post rebuild is a bit scary and probably a big negative when the time comes to rebuild it. The average backyard bike mechanic would stuff the rebuild up and be back to square one, the design seems excessively complicated.

moorey

call me Mia
yep your right
Bugger. I really wanna keep my iBeam seat on this bike. I had been talking to Alan David at Pushie a few months ago. Was planning to grab a 27.2 dropzone, but another frame came up that suited the 30.9 KS i950 I already had. I REALLLLLLLLLLY want a dropper on the bottlerocket (stupid 30.0 seat tube), but haven't had the cash for a non essential purchase. Still hoping to get one at some stage soon. It sucks balls riding without one these days:smash:

*thad*

Likes Bikes
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/FOX-DOSS-Dropper-Post-Tested-2012.html

I'm sure it will become a great product ... I'm happy with the pricing though :eyebrows:
Yep read that and the price does seem a little OTT!

I love how pinkBIke always say that the reverb is at the top of the adjustable post pile.... Oh but we've never tested the KS...

DOn't think the DOSS will keep up with the reverb or KS, the lack of base cable routing is a big problem and the size of that lever!! geez!! Gonna be a long time before someone comes up with something better than the KS lever.
I like the mechanical set up and the 3 point height, dont like the excess cable and lever (lever is not a deal ender)
I like everything about the LEV just wanted to see if anyone had tried the DOSS yet.

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
Hey nerf

are spares available for the KS's? took mine apart to clean a while back and the stanchion is corroded where the needle bearings sit on full extension...my fault as it was the first time in over a year...in fact ever i gave it a service...still works perfectly but just wondering.......

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Howdy ... yep to KS spares, is it the roller bearings or the stanchion that needs love? might be able to rejuv the bearings rather then replace them.

We can service it for you. Best to email pushie(at)live.com.au to organise.

Suggest every body with a post needs some slicko or equivalent for a monthly relube or more regular then what most people do (never) :eek:hwell:

wintortree

Likes Dirt
Best customer service

I just want to give credit where credits due. I ordered a new ks 150mm lev seat post last week from Nerf and the guys at pushie which is just amazing and it turned up in the post a couple of days later.(which was faster then expected). Unfortunately i had a miner slip-up (over torqued screw) with my post so I contacted Nerf to ask what to do and was pleased to get some of the best customer service I have ever encountered.

I'm am pleased to say that with in a week of ordering a new post and having to send it back I have my new post up and running and it is sweet. I recommend anyone doing business with Nerf and the guys at pushie.

Thank you Nerf I really felt looked after.

Cheers Tommy.

Gazza007

Cannon Fodder
I got my KS Lev 150 from Pushie about a month ago and no problems so far. im so stoked with it.

Easy to install just be careful with the air cap i tighten mine and slipped with the screw drive and stuffed the grove in the top

This post rocks, i haven't found one bad review.
The price is up there but once your ass is on the seat you soon forget about that.

The lever is cool just in the right place.
Its my first dropper, i waited until somebody made one like this, the wait was well worth it.
Pushie are great to deal with
Buy one

retroenduro

Likes Dirt
Howdy ... yep to KS spares, is it the roller bearings or the stanchion that needs love? might be able to rejuv the bearings rather then replace them.

We can service it for you. Best to email pushie(at)live.com.au to organise.

Suggest every body with a post needs some slicko or equivalent for a monthly relube or more regular then what most people do (never) :eek:hwell:
Hmm the stanchion more than anything...the bearings came up fine with a clean etc. the stanchion surface is all pitted and corroded where it sat unserviced at max extension for ages...To be honest it still works perfectly so i may just up the servicing/re greasing and run it till it dies....

And then get a lev :eyebrows:

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
^^^ I've got plenty of new gen Supernatural cartridges so feel free to contact the KS Service centre / Pushie :), I can normally turn it around same day and can express if urgent.
www.pushie.com.au

Also thanks for the props ... but please make sure you head to one of our dealers first ...
Blackman Bicycles (parramatta, penrith, blacktown), Ride In Workshop (Balgowlah), Ride On Bikes (Kew), FortheRiders (Annerley), Performance Cycle Solutions (Moonah) and hopefully soon Erina Bikeworx (Erina and Newie) or online with cycotic ... all will/have stock on hand ... or we are always looking for dealers that riders want to support so head in store and we can sort things out ASAP.

If we don't have somebody near to you then happy to sort you out ... cheers again fellas

jheeno

Likes Bikes
update
ks 950r
3 months normal use
it has 1 inch of play
trying to contact the place i bought it from.
hopefully they can sort it out

Contact Pushie (at) live.com.au if your place of purchase doesn't help. Proof of purchase required.

Note: items not purchased via an Australian Retailer may be charged a processing fee. (TBC)
6 months on and after contacting Pushie ... the new catridge ... just works
I have zero issues now and I love it

Last edited: