Adjustable Seat Posts

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
There are some little tricks that can be done to stop the cap popping off.

i) when servicing or relubing under the seal collar on the LEV ... only use a very light smear of slicko on the stanchion ... cycle the post up and down a couple times and see if the lube is accumulating on the silver DU ... wipe excess off the DU.
- too much lube on the DU and the mast becomes air tight and pops the cap.
- For the Supernatural and Dropzone you can absolutely coat the underside of the seal collar and DU as it loves it. Keeps the mast water tight and the lube lasts ages reducing maintenance for the seal and DU keeping it all nice and buttery.
ii) remove the cap and remove any excess lube that might have got onto the o-ring around the cap ... and or where the cap sits in the actuator housing.
iii) make sure you have the claw installed correctly ... like this ... if you have it backwards it can work the cap loose when the claw moves.
- You don't want lube packed in there.
- After wet rides or a wash just pop the cap and dry things off

We have passed on feedback about the cap popping to KS. I reckon a couple of little venting holes around the bottom cap so that its more like the supernat / DZ and it allows shite loads of lube under the seal to reduce maintenance without becoming pressurised

Crittski

Likes Dirt
I have a new Lev and was worried about losing the cap on the first ride yesterday, sure is dodgy. The Lev otherwise seems great.

markb84

Likes Dirt
Thanks Al, just solved the issue I've ha with the cap. My claw is round back to front and was pushing the cap off. Problem solved. Nice one.

chonox

Likes Dirt
Got my 30.9mm 125mm LEV a while back and can't complain. All issues I encountered were user error related (as usual) but its a solid bit of kit.

I am finding though that the 125mm travel option is a bit too much for me (I'm not very tall, 5'7 on a good day, most of which is torso) so if anyone wanted to swap for a 100mm travel option PM me and we can swap!

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Feedback please

KS Integra:

Looking to bring in our first batch ... would appreciate some feedback whether you think this is something you'd be attracted too. or more importantly can use on your rig. 30.9 & 31.6 only.

pics here

Packaging:
How important is packing to you ?? presume pricing is king ?

Euro online buyers of KS products:
Just curious if those purchasing from OS are getting the KS packaging (cardboard box, manuals etc) with their purchase. Did you get a squarish box ?? or a thinner more rectangular box ??

you can email your responses to info(at)pushie.com.au if you want to remain anonymous ... appreciate if you put in the subject.
"Nerf ... fishing for KS"

Ta for your help as always farkers.

ChopSticks

Banned
I do have a habit of keeping all my boxes for everything, electronics, bike parts etc

however... as you said, id be happy to opt for OEM if it means saving some/alot $$
(but if its $10~ diff on a $300 drooper id just pay for full retail packaging)

speaking of which... how much will a Lev set me back Al?
30.9 -125 drop

moorey

call me Mia
I bought my first KS from os before I knew of nerfy goodness. It came in full original box, even though the seller deals in a lot of unpackaged oem stuff.
It also had a faulty cartridge, which nerf sorted out for me for a ridiculously reasonable price and super fast turnaround. Faultless since, after 14 months and over 8000kms of heavy use. I raise and drop a least 50 times on a 40km ride.

moorey

call me Mia
Nurf has done it again! Cheers for the advice and support.
Love your work as usual, mate.

Last edited:

Ja-Mez

Likes Dirt
beeza,

NERF (see a few posts back) is the distributor in AUs for the LEV. He can point you in the right direction. Obviously local means warranty! for the few extra bucks go with NERF and save yourself hours of searching.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Kalamunda Cycles - Perth
For The Riders - Brisbane, EdgeCycle Works Cairns
Blackman Bicycles (Parra, Penrith, Blacktown - Sydney), Ride In Workshop (Balgowlah)
Bike Culture ACT
Ride on Bikes (East Kew - Melbs)
Sprung - Launceston
99bikes in various places are also starting to order

Lots of other stores doing ad hoc orders around the nation

All have stock or order often enough to have stuff quickly to you. Always good to group buy, use your buying power, add a few things to a basket and see what they will do for you ?? without putting wordings in anybody's mouth *shrugs.

Ta for the props.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
super super super dumb-ass question

how do you work out what length post to get?

do you just get your current seat-post and measure its length?

the LEV comes in the following lengths:

335mm / 100mm travel
385mm / 125mm travel
435mm / 150mm travel

is the length the total maximum length of the seatpost? How much of the 'max' length needs to be in the seat tube? i.e. what length is below the minimum insert line

my standard seat post currently sticks out ~250mm from the insert point, so I'm assuming I can't get the 335mm length dropper if more than 9 cm needs to be inserted into the seat tube

just want to ensure I get the correct post

hope this makes sense

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
super super super dumb-ass question

how do you work out what length post to get?

do you just get your current seat-post and measure its length?

the LEV comes in the following lengths:

335mm / 100mm travel
385mm / 125mm travel
435mm / 150mm travel

is the length the total maximum length of the seatpost? How much of the 'max' length needs to be in the seat tube? i.e. what length is below the minimum insert line

my standard seat post currently sticks out ~250mm from the insert point, so I'm assuming I can't get the 335mm length dropper if more than 9 cm needs to be inserted into the seat tube

just want to ensure I get the correct post

hope this makes sense
got the answer from pushie's, great service!!