Advice: 2011 Giant Anthem x2, Giant Trance x2 or Scott Spark 50.

dk13

Likes Bikes
I am a very low level rider (race D grade at WSMTB) and unfortunately (due to divorce) I am about to come into a little money and will be looking into upgrading from my poor old Giant Yukon.

This thread has been a great resource as i am looking at spending around AUD$2K on the bike. Unlike the main thinking in this thread though I think I'll go for the Anthem. I am still not a good rider and mostly love riding XC (Yellomundee, Awaba, Stromlo) and climbing could do with as much help as I can get.

Looks like my cash may come in around Aug/Sept so maybe it might be good timing to try and pick up a '11 X2 at a good price I hope.
Yes mate, those guys definitely helped a lot, I was tossing between those bikes for a while and after some good reading and thinking I decided to go with the trance, and I'm loving it, last week I had the oportunity to ride the anthem and I'm glad I went with the trance, it's such a nice bike, if you are worry about climbing don't be, trance climbs like a goat, and it's supper stable, it will give you lots of confidence to improve your riding...

I found the anthem a bit twitchy, manly because of riding position, more over the handle bars, not that it's not a good bike, it is An. Awesome bike, but not my style.

If I were you i would try go for a test ride on the trance also... Before you make your decision... And trust me when you start improving your skills you will want more travel...

My 2c cheers dan