Advice please: Glory or Demo?

nskz

Likes Dirt
Well I run a 350LB at 70-72kg and to be honest I probably wouldn't want to weigh much more. If you run zero pro pedal and 125psi in the boost valve it will bottom a fair bit. Obviously you want to be running some pro pedal so this isn't maybe a realistic scenario but valid none the less. Currently I'm running about 140psi and 7 clicks or PP. It feels about the right amount of comp damping and it really soaks up the hits while still having good small bump sensitivity. I think at my weight i'm edging towards the upper limit of a 350LB spring, could be wrong though.

ozzy osbourne

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I own a Demo 8 and ive riddern plenty of Glory's,
I like the price of the Glory it is awesome for what you get. The only thing I hate about them is the position of the Shock, it is to far forward for my liking feels harder to pull up.
100% happy with my Demo aswell nothing has failed and it rides hard
Not gonna say which is better but just putting some info in, something to think about

DHJakeiey

Likes Bikes
hey

Hey mate,
A friend of mine owns a Demo and he reckons its great and very easy to throw around.

Hope that helps

Last edited:

mace2109

Likes Bikes
Thanks again for the advice gents, its all GOLD.
I have pretty well learned from this thread that either way - Demo or Glory - i won't be disappointed. Everyone has offered at least some little piece of helpful advice or valued opinion that i hope will continue to be helpful not just to me, but to anyone else faced with the same decision in the future.

I will post again on this thread when i have the chosen beastie in the garage;) Looking forward to browsing threads for suspension setup too....:)
Cheers
mace

dunndog

Eats Squid
My 2 cents? I was in exactly the same position as you 2 years ago - 31, just getting serious about dh after riding my '06 enduro around for 12 months, couple kilo's heavier than you.. anyhoo I got a second hand 05 demo 8 pro in great condition and I love it. In every way inspired confidence, rides awesome, and has improved my riding like you wouldn't believe. Can only speak for the demo, but whatever you get they're both great bikes, you'll be 35 and supposed to settle down but you'll be huckin' roadies and smashing lines like never before! Keeps you young.. Enjoy mate

Flip_Whip

Likes Dirt
Go the Demo,

I had the 2007 one.
Never felt a bike with that same "bottomless" feel.

Glory's are good, and ripper for the price tag!

But don't be the kid that buys the bike that everyone has....gay!

Demo 8's are SHITHOUSE for adjusting bottom out.
It's a new level of shithouse with that idea.

Glorys design seems much better though out, with just unscrewing the cover and getting it all in your face adjustable.

So generally,

They both Rail.
They both can handle anything you throw at them
They both pull the chicks, well if the chicks you know are into DH..;)

But the Demo comes out on top for me, with that bottomless yet very confidence inspiring feel to it.

Don't show me that you have bought a Glory, like every other child.

METHOD

Likes Dirt
Hey mate,
Well i have a Demo 8 and it is so smooth its the best, my mate has a glory and even he would rather my Demo 8

Hope that helps
I swear last time I saw you riding you were riding a Norco Six-3 and only one person rides a glory up here and he doesn't like Specialized.