AFI gig....

svenk

Likes Bikes
i havent posted on the board for a month... what has it turned into?
damn :(

good luck with the afi tickets guys, ill keep an ear out for u.

wombat

Lives in a hole
svenk said:
Cheers mate.

But dinsy, can you take this to another thread please, I would really like this one to stay on track.

Dinsy2

Likes Bikes
wombat said:
svenk said:
Cheers mate.

But dinsy, can you take this to another thread please, I would really like this one to stay on track.
I wasnt the one to took it off track... blame that retard duncan.

im envious that you guys are gettin an AFI concert, they arnt coming here, but no one really knows about them here.

wombat

Lives in a hole
I would've asked him but I thought I'd try someone who can understand reason. It's a shame they're not going over the tasman though, I just wish they were doing another gig in Sydney too.

Dinsy2

Likes Bikes
hah thats cool.

Hopefully i'll get to see them in the states at the end of the year or early next year. hopefully.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Yeah, STS is on high rotation in all my stereos at the moment. I think it's brillant. Insanely depressing but brillant all the same.

Dinsy2

Likes Bikes
ah, STS hasnt struck me as that great, I like black sails and art of drowning alot more :? I do have to get a copy of STS and listen to it a few times though

wombat

Lives in a hole
Yeah, I didn't mind Black Sails, but STS is just a lot more progressive, more my style. The arrangements are very clever, and Davey has shown he has great control as well as the ability to scream.
I really like the album because the more I listen to it the more I like it; a good sign.

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
STS is definetely the album which has shown AFI in a new light. Its also won them alot more fans then previous albums, which alot of 'hardcore' AFI fans are pissed about because people just jump on the bandwagon so to speak.

wombat

Lives in a hole
I think I might have a ticket! Lizzy you're an angel, and I owe you lots! :D

As for STS, well I wasn't a huge fan before, I did like some of their previous work, but I was hardly "hardcore". STS though is one of the best albums I have heard in a while. I've heard people accusing them of selling out, but I think that's pretty harsh. Some of the music may be a little softer than previously, but I think the ideals are the same. Bands change, it's called development.

Jared

Yeti Cycles
I love al the albums, but after STS did about 200 laps im guessing, im back on black sails in the sunset, after listening to all the albums a lot in definatly a fan of balck sails and art of drowing, but for some reson now there even older stuff doesnt do it for me at all anymore :cry:

Jared

Yeti Cycles
sorry to get a bit OT here guys but has anyone heard much of lost prophets, OMG!!!!!, i wanna know more about em.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Update: now looks like I'm not going, grrr.....

(It's like a soap opera, all I need now is somebody to fall in love with their half sister....)

fastrider gus

super huck
Dinsy2 said:
METAL MUUUUUUUUULIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISHAAAAAAAAAAAAA whoooooohaaa
are you bagging it???? if you are you better look out or me and my buddies will come knocking on your door matey!!!

oh yea.. AFI are good as.. but ugly.. :lol:

Dinsy2

Likes Bikes
fastrider gus said:
Dinsy2 said:
METAL MUUUUUUUUULIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISHAAAAAAAAAAAAA whoooooohaaa
are you bagging it???? if you are you better look out or me and my buddies will come knocking on your door matey!!!

oh yea.. AFI are good as.. but ugly.. :lol:
Yea im knocking the mulisha, theyre fake.

all your buddies can come over and knock on my door if they really want too, we dont have a door knocker, but we have a decent bell...i guess.