Aldi bike sale

Litenbror

Eats Squid
I don’t shop there anymore when I found out their company strcture/trust tax arrangements.. They aren’t playing by the rules coles, woolies and the independents have to abide by.. Pretty ordinary all their profits disappear overseas while employing the bare minimum staff in Australia.. Not to mention all the free access they get to our tax payer funded infrastructure without contributing much to the tax pool.. They claim they are above but check out their accounts, laughable..

Good link thanks for the read have subscribed to their newsletter. In regards to being worse than the others, maybe most of the independents but Woolies and Coles are bastards in their own rights and have salted the earth that allows the kind of blood suckers like aldi to come in. The lobbying they have done to break down the negotiating power of farmers, the casualisation of the workforce and ensuring lucrative tax loopholes has made Aus one of the easiest countries to tax dodge.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good link thanks for the read have subscribed to their newsletter. In regards to being worse than the others, maybe most of the independents but Woolies and Coles are bastards in their own rights and have salted the earth that allows the kind of blood suckers like aldi to come in. The lobbying they have done to break down the negotiating power of farmers, the casualisation of the workforce and ensuring lucrative tax loopholes has made Aus one of the easiest countries to tax dodge.
Oh yeah coles and woolies in particular aren’t saints, they are pretty shit to farmers. I have heard Aldi actually treat the farmers/suppliers really well, don’t hear many complaints. Or maybe anything is better than the shit sandwich coles/woolies offers?
The issue i take with Aldi is their books are hidden, heaps of o/s companies pay shit all and use all our stuff for free, but Aldi take the cake as there are no shareholders. There is no accountability at all. Which seems to work in the consumers favour with pricing, but when public infrastructure, hospitals, schools, roads etc need tax dollars we have no idea how much cash Aldi puts under the till.. And because they hire fk all stuff on low wages there ain’t a whole load of tax dollars coming back into the system outside of gst..

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Oh yeah coles and woolies in particular aren’t saints, they are pretty shit to farmers. I have heard Aldi actually treat the farmers/suppliers really well, don’t hear many complaints. Or maybe anything is better than the shit sandwich coles/woolies offers?
The issue i take with Aldi is their books are hidden, heaps of o/s companies pay shit all and use all our stuff for free, but Aldi take the cake as there are no shareholders. There is no accountability at all. Which seems to work in the consumers favour with pricing, but when public infrastructure, hospitals, schools, roads etc need tax dollars we have no idea how much cash Aldi puts under the till.. And because they hire fk all stuff on low wages there ain’t a whole load of tax dollars coming back into the system outside of gst..
Absolutely but that's not an Aldi problem it's an Australian taxation problem. We want to stop getting it in the loading dock we should elect some people who want to work for us not them.

mtb1611

Seymour
Absolutely but that's not an Aldi problem it's an Australian taxation problem. We want to stop getting it in the loading dock we should elect some people who want to work for us not them.
What is this strange breed of politician you speak of?

Calvin27

Eats Squid
You would think the local duopoly would put more political pressure on this sort of thing. I mean Gerry is pretty vocal but it would be in coleswrorths interests to put pressure on foreign tax avoidance.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
You would think the local duopoly would put more political pressure on this sort of thing. I mean Gerry is pretty vocal but it would be in coleswrorths interests to put pressure on foreign tax avoidance.
I suspect their board of directors probably use many of the same loopholes as aldi to avoid paying taxes so they may have personal reasons for not pushing to close them down.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
this thread has detiortated, i digress..went to get my daughter some w/less bt headphones today, picked up a multi snack maker- which was for sale last wk, must have got fresh stock - currently enjoying fresh waffles covered in mixed berries..will b having some pretend russian doughnut delight for lunch,
grabbed an aero press for the wife, her family drinks micro a, she says it still tasted like dirty water, luckily i don’t drink it, it’s an evil substance

Litenbror

Eats Squid
this thread has detiortated, i digress..went to get my daughter some w/less bt headphones today, picked up a multi snack maker- which was for sale last wk, must have got fresh stock - currently enjoying fresh waffles covered in mixed berries..will b having some pretend russian doughnut delight for lunch,
grabbed an aero press for the wife, her family drinks micro a, she says it still tasted like dirty water, luckily i don’t drink it, it’s an evil substance
Damn it I really wanted one of those multi snack presses, didn't get there fast enough.

David2406

Blueeeeeeeey's on!
Just reading in the paper about these snack makers melting after one use, better be careful. Aldi is now offering full refunds