All mountain/ Enduro riding around Melbourne

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
That was just the straw that broke the camel's back. The huge upturn in usage over the 3 or 4 years' prior due to more public posts, mentions, etc. was the real problem. The locals and parks handled small numbers of riders and shuttle vehicles for a decade, but in the end it got way too busy. Secret doesn't mean ninjas under the cover of darkness, it just means not lighting it up on a public forum..
*Edit* ....and then looks at the post above. Right on.
It's kinda Catch 22. The sport is becoming more popular leading to more people riding and looking for new places to ride, leading to more unofficial trails being shut down.

On the upside, there seem to be more legal trails being agreed and constructed as the sport grows. I'm an old bloke and I've come to terms with the fact that change is inevitable.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

dunndog

Eats Squid
The differences now compared to 5-10 years ago are that mountain biking has become more widely accepted and there are now tangible benefits proven for local communities - none better illustrated than Derby. Trails are also far better designed in terms of sustainability, and with proper planning can be a huge benefit to a region, as opposed to illegal trails that, whilst probably being sick trails (you'd still be hard pressed to find something better than la la) they usually won't cater for large number usage.
You're right about it being a catch 22, which is why crew are keen to keep their hard work quiet.
I have always looked at it this way: if someone shows me or tells me something, that's between them and me. It's not my place to pass that on, it's theirs. Trails, sexual fetishes, whatever. I won't post it on facey, or publish it anywhere. If it grows so be it, but never by my hand.
Wait, that last bit has nothing to do with the sexual fetishes bit..