All Mountain Tyres

angrybadger

Likes Dirt
Ok, think I've made my tormented mind up. Budget was a factor, so getting both at one place for a reasonable price, and locally due to time restraints. Wooda preferred something slightly wider on the front, but I reckon I'll run the arch hoops instead of the flows.
Thoughts?
You'll be sad going back to whatever you usually run after a couple of days on those. Personally, I'd keep the Flows on. I run 2.3 front and rear on DT EX471 rims, roughly the same width as a Flow. It's all good.

moorey

call me Mia
You'll be sad going back to whatever you usually run after a couple of days on those. Personally, I'd keep the Flows on. I run 2.3 front and rear on DT EX471 rims, roughly the same width as a Flow. It's all good.
Flows have beed converted to 135x10 bolt up, and I can't be arsed putting stock axle back in, then changing back afterwards for other bike. Guess I could change the spitty dropouts back to 135 if I had to. Will take into consideration. Cheers.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Flows have beed converted to 135x10 bolt up, and I can't be arsed putting stock axle back in, then changing back afterwards for other bike. Guess I could change the spitty dropouts back to 135 if I had to. Will take into consideration. Cheers.
Go with the Flow bro.

moorey

call me Mia
Has anyone noticed the shortage of tubeless ready 2.4 minions/high rollers on the net. Can't seem to find them any where?
I found fronts. I found rears. I found it impossible to get exactly what I wanted in the one place, other than tbsm, but prices were too high.

ducky1988

Likes Dirt
I found fronts. I found rears. I found it impossible to get exactly what I wanted in the one place, other than tbsm, but prices were too high.
Yeah. TBSM is almost twice the price. I just want some TR minions. Stupid need everything now generation

dynamitedread

Likes Dirt
Has anyone noticed the shortage of tubeless ready 2.4 minions/high rollers on the net. Can't seem to find them any where?
Maybe all the poms and French have bought them all for the megavalanche. Ive also had trouble finding them as well. How about an Onza Ibex instead of high rollers, very similar tread and i'm very happy with mine.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
I see that too but I know some folks with TR tyres run without sealant.
Guessing they're either new to tubeless, ride on smoooooooth tracks, ride with too much pressure, don't ride hard enough, or are a stubborn old man with unsupported beliefs(no, not saying you)or their sealant has just dried up(that's me), or just taking the weight weenie thing too far. You can do it(with new rims n rubber ideally, but for the lack of durability(and safety a small tincy wincy bit) it just aint worth it. Won't seal after burping as well, won't puncture seal. and won't work with non UST rims as well.

But yeah, Nah, not my point. My point was normal Maxxis tyres are better than their tubeless ones, more available, Lighter(?), cheaper(?).

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I've run some non-TR maxxis tubeless and as Rod says they work just fine with UST rims.

+1 for sealant.