All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Looking at the photos, I instantly thought they were from the same factory as my carbonfans. Checking our carbonfan and carbonbeam's websites for their addresses, both are marketing companies in the same neighbourhood, about 1km apart. The actual factory will be near by. My carbonfans are just as good as my light bicycle and nextie rims. The difference is warranty. Just assume at these prices there is no meaningful warranty.

Last edited:

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looking at the photos, I instantly thought they were form the same factory as my carbonfans. Checking our carbonfan and carbonbeam's websites for their addresses, both are marketing companies in the same neighbourhood, about 1km apart. The actual factory will be near by. My carbonfans are just as good as my light bicycle and nextie rims. The difference is warranty. Just assume at these prices there is no meaningful warranty.
this is good news. I don’t expect any warranty at all TBH. Kind of stoked they actually arrived at all.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I’ve bottomed out my carbonfans a few times on rocks, in DH spec at 430 grams each, can’t even see a blemish on them. JFC it make a noise when it does, no mistaking the impact
+1 on this with Nexties.

Also, the worst sound I've heard from a bike was a hard rear-wheel bottom with Light Bicycle "XC" rims* on the carbon Highball. In all seriousness, it was as sharp and loud as a gunshot - just the sound was (in Batman comic terms) more of a "Thwaunk!" than a "Boom!" or "Crack!". Snakebite punctures through the tyre tread, no mark on the rims. :oops:

(*Old 440g carbon 24mm int. width XC rims, lol)

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Sounds like you are really give those LB rims what for!!
Not intentionally, but yes. :p

Was going down a section of track with multiple rock steps and got a bit out of time and clouted one of the sharper edges while landing from another... :oops: Still going strong though! :)