All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

dan76n

Likes Bikes
Yes

The clear frame skin was better than the carbon one . had them on the bike for nearly 2 years.
cheers, does it have a backing that it’s stuck to to make it easier to cut into shapes or is it just like sticky tape where it’s rolled onto itself around the roll?

Flow-Rider

Burner

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Saw Pushys had a sale on Garmin stuff and knew my watch band was almost dead so went and had a look. $45 down from $90 oh shit I need a new band but not that bad. Wonder what Ali has??

58%OFF | QuickFit 20 22 26mm Silicone Strap for Garmin fenix 7X 7 7S 6X 6 Pro 6S 5 5X Plus Smart watch Band Bracelet for fenix 7 6 Correa

They look and feel identical to the original, so I bought 5.

20231020_144634_copy_1836x2448.jpg
20231020_144508_copy_1836x2448.jpg
20231020_144145_copy_1836x2448.jpg

Last edited:

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Saw Pushys had a sale on Garmin stuff and knew my watch band was almost dead so went and had a look. $45 down from $90 oh shit I need a new band but not that bad. Wonder what Ali has??

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! AU$3.81 58%OFF | QuickFit 20 22 26mm Silicone Strap for Garmin fenix 7X 7 7S 6X 6 Pro 6S 5 5X Plus Smart watch Band Bracelet for fenix 7 6 Correa

They look and feel identical to the original, so I bought 5.

View attachment 403615View attachment 403616View attachment 403617
Ooh, good to know.
My Fenix 6 strap is doing well, but will need replacing at some point

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Cheap 165mm cranks :oops:

Will install tonight. They are going on the Octane One Zircus to retire the square taper BB that has been on it :p Probably won't even be as strong.

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! AU$57.83 55%OFF | Deckas Direct GXP Crankset 170mm With BB BSA Adapter GXP 3mm 6mm Offset Chainring Direct For Sram MTB Moutain Bike Bicycle

EDIT: The cranks have got all the holes... And next to no grease in the bearings (they also don't have inner rubber seals lol).
Compress_20231020_232105_5716.jpg

Compress_20231020_232059_9932.jpg

Last edited:

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Cheap 165mm cranks :oops:

Will install tonight. They are going on the Octane One Zircus to retire the square taper BB that has been on it :p Probably won't even be as strong.

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! AU$57.83 55%OFF | Deckas Direct GXP Crankset 170mm With BB BSA Adapter GXP 3mm 6mm Offset Chainring Direct For Sram MTB Moutain Bike Bicycle

EDIT: The cranks have got all the holes... And next to no grease in the bearings (they also don't have inner rubber seals lol).
View attachment 403629
View attachment 403630
No ride report. The 34t chainring does not fit the Zircus frame (even though they state "up to 33t chainring). So I guess that means 32t is the max lol.

Will get a 30t during the week. Otherwise the install was seamless.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Bought some decals from these guys for a fork/bike project. Thin vinyl, but can't complain with the quality otherwise.

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! AU$3.22 | 12-40cm Custom Text Decal Sticker Your Name Slogan Company Name Number For Car Motorcycle Bike Boat Shop Window Waterproof OEM

Link to installed decals

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
It looks like they tried to send you two good (cartoon) eyes. :p
Looks like someone opened the bag at some point during transport, it's been sealed at the top originally then a dodgy attempt to seal it with tape on the side. As I was carrying it up the steps it fell out of the bag on its own.

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
Where’s everyone buying Shimano XT drivetrain parts from??

Want full XT ideally.

Currently on SRAM and the cassette prices are enough for me to do a wholesale swap. How is GX so much more expensive than XT????

Mattyp

Cows go boing
You can just buy a xt cassette, it's all cross compatible.
Also not from AliExpress... XT stuff has been cheap enough I've been getting it locally