All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Minlak

custom titis
Have not bought from Ali in a long time and I get this in tracking - Clearing Customs -Failed to Clear Customs - am I now a drug smuggler or is that just the default for waiting to clear?

1711258643382.png

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Realised I didn't link any of the items yesterday.

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
AU$46.39 17%OFF | PASS QUEST Direct Mount For GXP Chainring 24/26/28/30T/32T/34T/36T/38T/40T Chainwheel for SRAM NX GX XX1 XX1 Eagle X01 X01 Eagle

The link for the spacer is toast but this is the same one...

The only thing with the spacer is that it pushes the mounting torx screws out towards the BB and so an extra spacer washer is needed so the screw don't foul on the BB. This is just a interim fix to see if the 26t with 155mm crank is worth it.

Then I think I'll fork out for a proper offset steel ring
Got out for a ride with the spacer and 26t ring installed.

With the exception of some excess paraffin wax on my newly waxed chain that caused some chain suck just as we left the carpark, the chain ring worked flawlessly.

Definitely a bit easier to pedal up (than the 28t) with the 155mm kids cranks on the bike.

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
I got one a year ago. Works well compared its accuracy with other guages I had at the time I bought it. Just don't go over 30 psi on the 30 psi guage it spins the needle round the dial like a big lucky dip wheel. You can take the guage apart to fix it though.
turned up today, quality looks OK/good for the price.
Really nice that it seals before pressurising (and that bit is easily replaceble silicone tube)
Got a Schrader one for moto too, and both read same: about 1psi less than Topeak elec one (that i suspected was reading a bit high...)
good!

moto/car one glows (briefly) after UV charge
1712237894402.png

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
What is this for?
Checking tyre pressures :)

The glow shit? Supposed to work like other glow things, so maybe if your garage or side of road is dark and you don't have torch, but do have headlights?
UV light charges up glow things much faster than normal light, so was just testing it.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Bought these recently. Turned up today.

26t chainring (only in 0mm offset), hence the spacer.

After putting the 155mm cranks on I wanted to try a smaller chain ring than the existing 28t one (though it's probably, most definitely possible that my issue stems from lack of fitness lol).
View attachment 408023

PASS QUEST do pose a valid question though...
2nd ride on this 26t chainring, but back on 29er wheelset, definitely felt climbing was "easier" today than with the original 28t. Whether that is because of the wagon wheels or the fact I've managed 4 weeks in a row (1 ride each week) so I have some semblance of fitness I'm not sure.

bigdamo

Likes Dirt
Got out for a ride with the spacer and 26t ring installed.

With the exception of some excess paraffin wax on my newly waxed chain that caused some chain suck just as we left the carpark, the chain ring worked flawlessly.

Definitely a bit easier to pedal up (than the 28t) with the 155mm kids cranks on the bike.
How is the PASS QUEST-MTB Bike Chainring holding up. I'm thinking of getting one of their oval chainring to try. Did you have to take a link out of the chain when dropping down to the 26T from the 28T.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
How is the PASS QUEST-MTB Bike Chainring holding up. I'm thinking of getting one of their oval chainring to try. Did you have to take a link out of the chain when dropping down to the 26T from the 28T.
15kms and 459m elevation this arvo on it, so a total of about 50kms now. Has been flawless.

Take a link out...?
IMG_20220716_140216.jpg

Hasn't been an issue that I've noticed.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
So I'm building a heinous MonsterCross-GravelPacker with bits mostly from the shed. I've been digging AB Oval rings on my bikes recently, so figured I'd splash a huge $20 on one of these to, quite frankly, see what it looks like.

I've not installed it yet, but the clocking is the same as the AB rings, which is a positive. The teeth are hugely taller on the Ali version, will be interesting to see how it wears... I've got a few AB rings in the fleet at the moment, so tracking wear will be easy enough to do.

Minlak

custom titis
One of the Items I ordered came missing 1 part - A part that you really need to make the rest of it work - Contacted Seller thinking well accidents happen - Had to wait 4 days for them to be back in the "Shop" to reply to me - They then asked me to click a link to get the part I was missing ordered - they wanted me to pay $2 to get the part I was missing - I asked him why am I paying for a part you didnt send me that I already paid for - "We can only send you something as part of an order if you want to order something else we can include the part in that order" - Umm No I want to get what I ordered - "No we can only send if you place order" - Ok I will just get a refund then - Ask Ali for refund and seller starts messaging me "cancel cancel - you can still cancel" - I said Cancel what the refund I am not paying for something I paid for - Ali Express stepped in with a resolution I chose refund - they gave me a shipping a label and I sent it back - then 5 days later I get a message Seller is disputing refund we will get back to you - A day later I got full refund :)