All-round/GRoad tyres for a hardtail

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
My Honzo is doing double-duty riding around with the kids, so I'm thinking of putting some less AM tyres on it - currently running DHF/Aggressor, which is very much not path friendly.
Plan is to use it for some shirt-ish lunchtime outings round the river (instead of the roadie), pump track, some gravel/fire road riding and general stuffing about with the kids.
Is it better to get some fast rolling XC tyres like a pair of Rekon Races, or go full GRoadie and get some Schwalbe G1 Allrounds?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Been running these on my adventure bike for a couple of years. 13 euros a tyre, got 3-4 new ones here as spares, still on the first set with with about 1500km on them.

They are as good as the Schwalbe Thunder Burts or Vittoria Mezcals that I was saving for a 'good trip'.

Rorschach

Been running these on my adventure bike for a couple of years. 13 euros a tyre, got 3-4 new ones here as spares, still on the first set with with about 1500km on them.

They are as good as the Schwalbe Thunder Burts or Vittoria Mezcals that I was saving for a 'good trip'.

Don't find the side knobs get in the way of general riding?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Don't find the side knobs get in the way of general riding?
They sit quite far down and dont really come into play, even on tarmac. The centre line is solid and these roll really fast for a 29 x 2.25 MTB/Gravel tyre tyre. Cheap too if you put a BC order together.

Rorschach

They sit quite far down and dont really come into play, even on tarmac. The centre line is solid and these roll really fast for a 29 x 2.25 MTB/Gravel tyre tyre. Cheap too if you put a BC order together.
Ok, good to know. Don’t have anything to order from BC, but will keep them in mind! Wondering if I need something a bit more substantial for pump tracks though given I’m a chunk

cammas

Seamstress
Maxxis Aspen is what I run on my hardtail in the 2.4WT variety, they do everything from commuting to XC to gravel grinds, nice bag on them and still roll well. I’ve been running them a while and pretty happy with them, so is Nino Schurter as they were developed with him.

Lucaw

Next in line
Are dths available in bigger than 26?
They've been great on my commuter, which is used on concrete and gravel paths, fire roads, skateparks and even Tasmanian roads. They suck on wet grass though. Just wore the back one out after 2 years of continuous use

Rorschach

Are dths available in bigger than 26?
They've been great on my commuter, which is used on concrete and gravel paths, fire roads, skateparks and even Tasmanian roads. They suck on wet grass though. Just wore the back one out after 2 years of continuous use
Grifter is, was looking at that

Rorschach

Maxxis Aspen is what I run on my hardtail in the 2.4WT variety, they do everything from commuting to XC to gravel grinds, nice bag on them and still roll well. I’ve been running them a while and pretty happy with them, so is Nino Schurter as they were developed with him.
Yeah, that’s why I was looking at a Rekon Race

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
These might be a goer. Think it’s between these and the Rekon Races
I had trouble setting them up tubeless on ZTR rims. Tight to fit too. First time I have had to do the tube trick to pop the beads out. Probably just me. They are holding well and roll nicely. I doubt they will take much abuse but I don't hammer the hardtail. I don't hammer anything much any more. Falling off hurts too much. If I exdigitate and make the bike rack up for the new mobile accomodation in time I will test them on some fairly sharp rocky roads and trails next month.

ausdb

Being who he is
Ok, good to know. Don’t have anything to order from BC, but will keep them in mind! Wondering if I need something a bit more substantial for pump tracks though given I’m a chunk
I may be in the market for a couple of tyres something like this if you want to do a combined order?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
My Honzo is doing double-duty riding around with the kids, so I'm thinking of putting some less AM tyres on it - currently running DHF/Aggressor, which is very much not path friendly.
Plan is to use it for some shirt-ish lunchtime outings round the river (instead of the roadie), pump track, some gravel/fire road riding and general stuffing about with the kids.
Is it better to get some fast rolling XC tyres like a pair of Rekon Races, or go full GRoadie and get some Schwalbe G1 Allrounds?

I am running the 26 inch version of these on my daily ride, which is also my sssssssslope stylin dirt jumpin whip machine:

https://www.pushys.com.au/kenda-k1153-29x2-35-wire-bead-tyre.html

https://www.pushys.com.au/kenda-k1153-27-5x2-35-wire-bead-tyre.html

They have been on there for ages and I have zero complaints. The tread is plenty durable. I can't notice any excessive drag compared to the less chunky (schwalbe table top) they replaced. Off road they hold the dirt just fine for running laps of the dirt lumps. I have ridden them moderately aggressively at lowish psi (28-30) and had reasonable hold. They be a bit loose on gravely gravel at mach send but I don't ride such terrain often.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say

I keep forgetting how many different brands come up with the same result - they look just like the Challenge Gravel Grinders, amongst may others!!!