All you sneaker freaks!

Joy

Likes Dirt
ah lame thats the wrong link. those ones are ok, but the complete leather ones are even better. they have this black distressed leather upper. back when i got my first pair they only did leather in black/white/brown but as with the above (incorrect link) they do a heap more styles now.

http://www.tobi.com/product/7862-pf...akers-shoes-sneakers?color_id=9269#ref=plroll

... with reference to the above story, i didnt bother pointing out to the sarky cow that they were in fact both black and leather. It's a stupid situation, as someone who does enjoy a pair of nice black formal shoes... why on earth would I wear them into a club. So I can reduce their usable life by 90%?
I ended up going with these:
Lacoste Observe 2

I'm really happy with them, but I guess they'll be tested when I go out on Friday. Should be interesting to see whether I get let in or not

._._._._._.

Likes Dirt
Got my Clae Thompsons the other day, so awesome. Attention to detail is rather fantastic, quite comfortable and look awesome (of course, everyone's opinion is different).

Leather on the inside makes for a very nice smelling shoe (haha). So comfy too- even feels great running no socks.
Very happy with the buy :)

Last edited:

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt

Any thoughts on these?

Saw them on sale for $70, in the red/black/white. Colours are sick, not sure about the mid-top thing though, especially when I'm wearing shorts. It's a bit different to all the Converse/Raben/other slip ons, which is good, but will I look like a gronk?

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
They're Vans, designed over ten possibly 20 years ago. They were designed for function. They're fairly minamilist in lots of ways.

Last edited:

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I need a new pair of shoes. Ultimately I want something that will get me into nicer bars/clubs when I'm out, but that I can still wear casually with shorts etc walking to the shops. All my current kicks get turned away (even though they are awesome).

Is there such a shoe out there? Lacoste or vans maybe? Or should I not bother and start looking for the pointiest leather things I can find?
Mono Black Converse His. I wear mine everywhere, and at night, they just look like black shoes.

conor.1

Genetic Throwback
I currently have Vans rowley shambles. they took about half a day to break in. high tops. almost full black except for the bottom trim. and piss cheap aswell. definatly a yes

wazza2282

Likes Dirt
Here is half my shoe collection

Puma First rounds
310's
pony hightops

Others consits of lacoste's, Gola's and many many vans which i hate an refuse to wear anymore (i used to wear them)

Sorry if the pic is to big..

LJohn

Likes Dirt
Mono Black Converse His. I wear mine everywhere, and at night, they just look like black shoes.
Agree.

I'm just wearing low tops, but they look like good black shoes with anything.

Speaking of good black shoes, just got a pair of Squires. Fantastic, fantastic shoes.

Drew.

Eats Squid
On that note, I'm gonna go and say that the slim all black vans are a really nice going out shoe, goes well with slim jeans and just anything, really. Even though a lot of people are rocking them now, i dig 'em.

b_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Our Torpedo7 friends at 1day.com.au have been kind to me of late. Two impulse buys has given me two comfortable and cheap pairs of shoes - even better is they look pretty good too :)

What I am wearing now:

Clockwise...
AF1s, these things should've been thrown away a year ago, but every time I clean, leather treat them, replace the lases and insoles they last another three months. Laces from superfatlaces.com and yes they're superfat :cool: So wide that even when they double on themselves through the holes they're wider than most.
Gravis Viking high, what looks brown is closer to black. Purple waffle sole. Paid <$50 delivered with intention of mistreating them in the workshop - leather is better than suede for keeping clean with regular oil showers... but they're so nice I'm happy to wear them everywhere and will regret neglecting them.
Adio something or other. Wanted Puma FRs as above, like the look of them, but these were on sale online before I could get to the shoe stor. <$60 delivered, look almost as good for half the price, another lucky purchase. They have really closely spaced lace holes that need double length laces, when the current ones get dirty I might criss-cross red and black laces alternating the holes. Will see what happens then.
Dunks. Apparently limited edition, NFI, bought for me as a gift :D Managed to comprehensively trash them after a few weeks, wore them to a party and the next day found I had been wading in housepaint sometime during the night and had green splatters over an inch high from the sole - even my pants and jacket were just about ruined. Gave it a week for the paint to dry then spent a couple of hours with turpentine, wire brush, rags, screwdrivers and a few beers which got them to almost-new condition again!

I'm geeking out too much over shoes :rolleyes: There's a theme of mid/high cuts though, for a reason, the ankle support is greatly appreciated as it helps spread the load and ease joint pain. Finally I'm starting to realise the benefits of quality shoes after flogging my feet in cheap skate-style flat soled suede shitters, now that my ankles are a constant source of nuisance pain I can justify having comfortable (read: good looking) shoes even if does mean spending a little more. Oh, and having multiple pairs helps fight shoe stink, another great reason for upping the collection :D