Alleged Facts

I was listening to the local radio station this morning and they were discussing so called "alleged facts" which someone had proven from doing some sort of study. But they were more or less talking about the ones that make you go "Huh, how did you come to that conclusion?".
For example; all polar bears are left handed; or someone who has a smarter IQ is less likely to cheat on their girlfriend or wife but they are more likely to lie to them.... Huh?

Please post below if you have any others of these so called alleged facts

RCOH

Eats Squid
"people with less than 10 posts to their name are more likely to post up lame Threads in Off-Topic"

Oh wait, that's true. :rolleyes:

cluster

Likes Dirt
99.876% of RB newbies don't know that posts in off-topic, no matter how interesting, do not contribute towards their post count.

I wonder if that Lotto story about the money spider on the bingo card is true...?

0psi

Eats Squid
Which all this talk of polar bears here's a real fact of about them. They often cover their nose with a paw when stalking prey. Pretty cool huh?

There's my useless contribution to Farkin for the day.

stringbean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
koala's dont drink water, i believed that until i saw one drinking from a dam

my polar bear uses his feet????

rone

Eats Squid
Which all this talk of polar bears here's a real fact of about them. They often cover their nose with a paw when stalking prey. Pretty cool huh?

There's my useless contribution to Farkin for the day.
"Dr. Ian Stirling and several assistants used telescopes to watch undisturbed polar bears hunting seals in the Canadian High Arctic, 24 hours a day when conditions permitted, in both spring and summer conditions, for several weeks each year for several years. They documented the details of many hundreds of hunts. No bear was ever seen putting a paw over its nose while stalking a seal. Nor, to our knowledge, have other polar bear biologists, ever observed this behavior. Simply from a mechanical point of view, Stirling expresses puzzlement about just how a bear might walk, crawl, or stalk on three legs while holding its paw over its nose for an extended period since most stalks on the sea ice cover 50 to as much as 200 meters."

Ian Stirling, OC, FRSC

Sorry:)