Alpine Gravitation Downhill Race Series UPDATE.

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
It has arrived.

Friday practice 10-3

Sat practice 9-4

Sun practice 8-11.30

Racing from 12 midday

if you need to know more, 0421 7999 42

Weather forecast is for some fog THEN SUNNY CONDITIONS and 15 degrees for MOUNT BEAUTY THIS COMING WEEKEND.

The latest track update for the new series is as follows:

Round 1 July 7+8 MOUNT BEAUTY SHORT COURSE

Round 2 Augus 11+12 BRIGHT WORLD CUP TRACK

Round 3 SEPTEMBER 29+30 BRAND NEW TRACK-TO BE CONFIRMED

These dates were chosen so they dont clash with King of Ballarat, so you can still do both series if you want to.

Each round of ALPINE GRAVITATION is pre online entry at $70, except sport men, sport women and elite women which are $60. Fun class for beginners is $40, so its within reach of people thinking of trying downhill for the first time. If you enter on the day, its $80 regardless of class so get organised and get on it.

More updates to follow, but up to date info will always be on the face book page. look up alpine gravity shuttles

Last edited:

Ruys

Likes Dirt
I don't know how I'm only just hearing about this but I'm super pumped for it. I was getting all depressed at the lack of riding to be done over winter.

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
lack of riding

well...... now youll have to start training cause theres so much happening : )

im gonna try and slot in a one day ride day before each race at each event too. that may not happen at each round, but that is the goal and it will give every one a chance to either check out the track early and learn it before the race, or for for guys who dont race, gives them a chance to ride some sick tracks.

Ruys

Likes Dirt
Hey Ben, I can't make race day on the 10th but I was wondering if we could work something out so I could ride practice on Saturday?

dunndog

Eats Squid
I hope it's sonewhere good!(I'm sure it is) Was looking forward to round 2 at Barj, can't make the round 1 date.. Then it got switched aaarrgghh!

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
rounds

yeah wasnt ideal to have to switch things around before it even got started, but i had no choice. trust me round 2 will be sick.

Last edited:

Yippee_Ki_YayMF

Likes Dirt
I'm in for rounds 2 & 3. Can't make round 1. Work always seems to get in the way of a good time. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
Round 2

if there was fifty hours in every day id STILL never have enough time!!!

ROUND TWO OF THE ALPINE GRAVITATION SERIES WILL BE AT BRIGHT ON THE WORLD CUP COURSE.

Last edited:

Staunch

Eats Squid
As disappointed as I am that I have to miss Barjarg racing round 2 at Short Course makes up for it all. Absolutely can not wait.

Shredden

Knows his goats
1. Is short course the one with the chute at the end?
2. Holy shit, between this, the long gully series and KOB and cressy race and VDHS there is like, 17 vic races a year. I GET TO RIDE MA BAIK SO SO SO SO MUCH.

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
lotsa racing

yeah i think its a great thing. alot of guys head interstate to keep racing when the vic series ends so its great that there is so much going on now. The Alpine Gravity Shuttles downhill race team will be doing all three rounds of King of Ballarat AND Alpine Gravitation, so itll be a big off season for us too. looking forward to doing a ton more racing this year.

dunndog

Eats Squid
2. Holy shit, between this, the long gully series and KOB and cressy race and VDHS there is like, 17 vic races a year. I GET TO RIDE MA BAIK SO SO SO SO MUCH.
Nope, that's the old nationals track that was brought back to life for the vdhs round last year after being trashed during the fires a couple years earlier... Pretty sure. It's such a sick track, havent ridden short course yet but keen!!

Last edited:

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shredden, Short course was raced last year (i think) as vic champs track.
I saw the post that it was beauty short course. I went hypo. I love beauty!