Alpine Gravity

teK--

Eats Squid
My understanding is he spent money on the permit application process as well. One part I don't understand is where would the money for all the truck fuel come from; for all the shuttles that didn't end up running? I just find it difficult to believe that for all that was promised for $200, how it would have been profitable.

Overall it is a shame everything came crashing down. 3-4 years ago it seemed Gravity Enduro was really picking up momentum in Victoria. helped by the events Ben was helping put on. Now it's taken a bit backwards step.

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
Ya it clearly wasn't a great business plan... i don't think that's in dispute. I presume there was some assumptions on how many season's ticket holder show per ride vs how many pay on the day etc... or at least i hope there was.

Definitely disappointing as i preferred AG's ride days over to the others because it was much less professional and more care free... clearly a correlation there given what ended up happening.

notso

Likes Dirt
From memory, the Barjarg landowner started to want too big a cut.
Was a thankless job, and a lot of work for little reward. Shame. Benny is a great bloke and a good operator.
What a load of fuckin bullshit! Sam has never ever asked for money. He's always done it for the love. What a load of shit

moorey

call me Mia
What a load of fuckin bullshit! Sam has never ever asked for money. He's always done it for the love. What a load of shit
Cool your jets, I’m only relaying what came from what I believe was the horses mouth, and was possibly only to cover increasing insurance costs. Sam seems to have always been a legend about the use of his property.