Alternative to Limewire

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeBloot

Feeling old
OK - firstly, I'm not the most computer savvy bloke
Secondly, I buy plenty of CD's, but occasionally like to download some old school or obscure stuff which is hard to find and not worth paying for

So today for example I remembered a good old punk/skin tune by the Cockney Rejects called Sitting in a Cell (circa 1984?)
I opened Limewire and got some notification that reminded me that they are now in some court battle thingo

In the past I've found Limewire the best of these file sharing sites as they have a good range of alternative and mainstream old wheezers

So giving the disclaimer of not wanting to take food from the mouths of record company executives...

Can anyone advise of a good Limewire alternative to find for free this sort of obscure stuff that has exceeded it's use by date and of interest only to tired old punks with not enough hair to fashion into anything remotely rebellious

Cheers for any suggestions

simmooo!

Likes Dirt
I use utorrent.

Though if you're looking for something similar to limewire look up frostwire. It's basically exactly the same.

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Probably stating the obvious, but it would be a good idea to make sure you have some decent anti-virus software installed and up to date before venturing into torrent sites.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
For music, I have always thought that SoulSeek is probably the best program. It uses a direct peer to peer system, and only uses the central server to co-ordinate searches.

I've found it really useful for older, obscure music too. I think the current version is NS157, although I could be wrong on that one...

Newton

Likes Dirt
torrent sites are the go, I use demonoid (you'll need an invite), piratebay & btjunkie in that order ... utorrent to dl files :)

NCR600

Likes Dirt
OK - firstly, I'm not the most computer savvy bloke
Secondly, I buy plenty of CD's, but occasionally like to download some old school or obscure stuff which is hard to find and not worth paying for

So today for example I remembered a good old punk/skin tune by the Cockney Rejects called Sitting in a Cell (circa 1984?)
I opened Limewire and got some notification that reminded me that they are now in some court battle thingo

In the past I've found Limewire the best of these file sharing sites as they have a good range of alternative and mainstream old wheezers

So giving the disclaimer of not wanting to take food from the mouths of record company executives...

Can anyone advise of a good Limewire alternative to find for free this sort of obscure stuff that has exceeded it's use by date and of interest only to tired old punks with not enough hair to fashion into anything remotely rebellious

Cheers for any suggestions
You don't need torrents for this sort of stuff. Under the "more" tab on the Google page, there is a category called "Blogs". I hit that, punched in "Cockney Rejects Sitting in a Cell" and came up with multiple hits for blogs with download links.

Blogs are probably the best source for obscure and out of print stuff, and you don't need invites or even much of a brain to get what you want. I've got demonoid, but never use it. I have better luck just searching blogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.