AM/Trail Knee Pads

T.3

Likes Dirt
I have had a set of 661 evo's for about 6 months now, they are comfortable and don't slip. First ride I had them went knee first into a large rock on a roll down and they took the impact almost entirely. They breathe pretty well but theyre obviously not as cool temperature wise as no pads.

Would consider the G form when the 661's need replacement, what's the rrp NH?

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
I wear the G-Form knee pads every XC/AM ride. I cant afford to get injured at the moment. They're excellent, they breathe really well and have never slipped in a crash, they are the best light duty knee pads on the market IMO. I wear POC pads for DH but they're overkill and way too hot for longer XC rides.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Anyone know which pads have a rear closure?

I'm hoping for guards that can be carried on the camelback while climbing then put on without having to remove shoes for the trail and downhill sections . Watched a vid by Fabian barrel and he just strapped some on at the start of the downhill , which seems a pretty good option to me ( carry protection up, wear it down)

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt

I'm hoping for guards that can be carried on the camelback while climbing then put on without having to remove shoes for the trail and downhill sections . Watched a vid by Fabian barrel and he just strapped some on at the start of the downhill , which seems a pretty good option to me ( carry protection up, wear it down)
The alpinestar SLC knee pads fit the bill. They offer reasonable protection, but I had them slip in a reasonably hard otb crash. They are cumfy though, and you should be able to find them reasonably cheap.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Nerf, They don't do a one piece knee and shin do they? How well do the separate knee and shins work together? I have little meat on my shins, and long pedal pins. Keen for knee and shin combo. Sorry for slight derail.
The knees and shins over lap and the compression material holds them in place really well. my long pin penthouses haven't been able to penetrate the RPT yet. No integrated offering as yet, but G-Form have advised that they have a bunch of new lines coming out so maybe in the near future.

Would consider the G form when the 661's need replacement, what's the rrp NH?
$65 ish ... we're cheaper then most online stores (landed)

Thanks for all the props ... glad you like the puppies

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
The knees and shins over lap and the compression material holds them in place really well. my long pin penthouses haven't been able to penetrate the RPT yet. No integrated offering as yet, but G-Form have advised that they have a bunch of new lines coming out so maybe in the near future.
Sweet. Will grab some knee and Shins as soon as I get a new bike.

Function over fashion, and I now find myself wanting a pair of these.. :)
Function first for sure. Anything black and dirty looks good anyway.

Austen

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Another vote for g-form here, as previously said our cairns weather is normally to much for body armour, my g-form elbows are fantastic, Vince and myself have sold loads of them at the shop to xc/am and dh riders, and bmx racers love them also

MR76

Squid
Thanks for the feedback.

Seems the G Forms are getting the big tick as well as the POC's

I must admit the style of the G Form pads would not be my first preference, but appears that function over form is winning here. I do like the POC product, but will come down to fit.

Thanks again.

JBR

Likes Dirt

You have hills in your area that warrant this??? Tell me more.

T.3

Likes Dirt
The 661's have a rear closure, I often ride on road to trails and yeah it's easier to take them on and off when you arrive and leave the trail. At around 65 bucks and with all the positive reviews the G form seems hard to beat though especially considering what I paid for the 661's.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
You have hills in your area that warrant this??? Tell me more.
Have a 600m alt loss in 15min trail specifically on mind. Plus a couple of DH tracks that lose 200m and take a fair while to ride to

Thx for the ideas though- I think either the 661 or the g form ( but these will be reign only rides)

Rider_of_Bikes

Likes Dirt
Race Face Digs

I crash more than anyone I know and if it wasn't for good protection like Race Face Dig knee pads and a knack for ninja rolls I wouldn't still be vertical.