AM And the winner is..Nomad 4cc

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yo,
Did the Thredbo Super Enduro, had a blast. Had a spill on the DH on Friday but aside from that had a pretty clean weekend.
Landed my usual mid pack (23/40), had awesome runs on each track so couldnt be more happy. Pity my arch rival mate smoked me on the All Mountain by 30seconds, Flow by 15 and DH by 2. Fuck it. I've got some work to do.

Other changes, the front end is now coil. HOL-E-FUCKING-SHIT!! Vorpsrung Smashpot, I love you. It has blown my mind, I'll never go back to air. Oh, and I've installed rev grips, I'll do a better write up when I have some more time and I'll take some pics. 3 full days of shredding and my hands were pretty damn good after, I think the combination of rev grips and insanely awesome coil fork definitely takes some fatigue off the hands.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Drool! What are the main differences you're feeling with the coil fitted?

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mostly on repeated hits and the high speed chatter. The fork is just always ready to move, it has what feels like zero stiction. Hard to explain as I'm a shit rider but it gave me so much confidence in the front end, I wanted to hit shit just to feel it haha.
At one point on the DH I started came into a sweeping, loose bumpy corner corner way to fast, I could feel the bike about to wash out, but the fork just found grip I didnt think was there, I think with an air fork I would of dropped it. I didn't think it was possible, but the front end feels better then the rear.

The fork does have a top out clunk, but Vorsprung has sent me an update part to fix it.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Other changes, the front end is now coil. HOL-E-FUCKING-SHIT!! Vorpsrung Smashpot, I love you. It has blown my mind, I'll never go back to air.
Yep same here if I have the choice!!!! Just love the feel and confidence. Love that they don’t pack up at the end of a long run destroying my hands.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
haha, pretty solid coil conversion review.

Did you weigh the fork pre and post installation, wonder what the damage will be.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pretty significant weight gain. I’d guess 400g+, but I didn’t weight it. Others have on the MTBR forum.
There is a 120ml of oil in the spring side leg :oops:

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Updates, did the Jetblack 24hr on weekend. had a mixed team of 6. Was a good chillax crew, zero pressure. Whilst I knew I wouldnt like the track very much, being only 15 minutes from home it would be a bit silly to not do it :) Night laps were the best, had some dance music pumping and friggin loved it. track no where near a fun as the Mont 24 track, but, better then sitting at home crying.

Nomad cruised along like it does, pretty crazy that a 180mm bike can still get around a flat XC track ok :)

Might be a change of bike/frame (maybe even brand) coming up, time will tell..............