Another DK General Lee 24" Thread???? sorry

trenta23

Likes Dirt
I was thinking of buying one of these over a P1
I own a Norco Torrent at the moment and it is more of a dh hardtail
I want to be able to do dj's and street on my dk gen lee

I know Rik has one...... Are they good for Dirt Jumping???
And my other concern is the weight
Do they weigh a TON!!! pleeeeeeeeze say no

Would they weigh less than my torrent?????

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
Trent, on msn last night i told you everything you need to know !! :shock: :wink:

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You're going from a Torrent to a General Lee?

This whole General Lee thing is going to bite a few people in the ass componentry wise...

Rik

logged out
01_250 said:
they are fairly light
What on earth were you smoking when you formed that opinion?
They're not lightweight, that's for sure, but in the grand scheme of things, it's a steel DJ BMX, what can you expect?

Just wondering, what do you mean by "bite a few people in the ass" sxereturn?

Rik

logged out
Mine isn't a good indication, but it weighs about 17.5kg. The forks itself weigh about 3ish KG, and I have an SMO rear wheel, so that's where alot of the beef comes from.

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rik said:
01_250 said:
they are fairly light

Just wondering, what do you mean by "bite a few people in the ass" sxereturn?
They have cheap parts on them. There's on thing I learnt from my 5 or so years riding BMX, and that's cheap parts don't hold up to anything.

What do they cost new? $400 or something? I'd be scared riding a frame that cost that much...let alone a complete bike.

Adi

It's my birthday!
Get a P.1, at least you will have the option of throwing some gears on it. And you'd probably geel more at home on a P.1 than a general lee (24 inch wheels, tini frame, overweight? etc...).

wombat

Lives in a hole
Personally the geometry once you chuck on a suspension fork is my biggest worry. From my very brief pedal on Rik's bike, I felt a very distinct on centre feel in the steering, with a sharp drop as soon as you start to turn, sort of like you get with some choppers and cruisers. It's probably a matter of personal preference, but that's not really what I like in a street bike, I can't DJ though so I won't comment on that, come to think of it I can't ride street either...

Rik

logged out
wombat said:
Personally the geometry once you chuck on a suspension fork is my biggest worry. From my very brief pedal on Rik's bike...
Thankfully I've spaced my fork down, but that's a really tall fork so it's not indicitive of how most bikes would ride. (It's 54cm Axle-Crown, whereas most 4" forks are 49cm). I've put a set of old Marzocchis on it, waiting for the wheel to arrive next week, and it'll be a much sharper bike. But that's coming from me, who likes having a fairly slack head angle.

And regarding the parts, fair enough call sxereturn, although most of the stuff as held up for a bit of punishment, but the wheels and cranks definately have to be replaced before the bike can reach its potential.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Rik said:
wombat said:
Personally the geometry once you chuck on a suspension fork is my biggest worry. From my very brief pedal on Rik's bike...
Thankfully I've spaced my fork down,
Ah cool, I suppose it's just a matter of playing around. Nice and easy for someone in your position, but maybe not for everybody.

Rik

logged out
True, I guess... if you take on a project like this, you gotta be prepared to go out of your way to get it working 100%. Such as pulling the fork apart and spacing down the travel, or shopping around for weeks finding a fork that's low enough.

I was born a natural tinkerer, willing to pull apart things and do stuff that wasn't intended, but you're right, it's definately not for everybody.

matty_2004

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think they are a bit of a going fad.. look cool.. can have susp forks and all... semi mtb-bmx.. but they really seem like buckets of shit, get the p1 my friend, what can you expect from a 400 dollar bike though...

LTR

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

i just bought one, and your bagging it in front of my face !!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

LTR

matty_2003 said:
Owww... poor baby ! You have a craftworks frm125 too ya know!!!
i do?? :shock: lol

nah, should be sweet.... im liking it....