Another enduro race announced

Rambler

Likes Dirt
Another new race has been anounced from Blackheart events at Narooma on NSW south coast..

'Escape from Cobra Mountain' 100 mile Mountain Bike Marathon - Narooma NSW. 60km and 120km options also available, but the main event will be the 100 miler. Scheduled for the 5th of December, the official announcement should come through this week, and entries will go on sale immediately.

With all these new events the law of supply and demand suggests entry prices should come down.(I think not) Husky 100 was a good one. If these guys can get the organistion like the Husky it will be worth it.

tim_d

Likes Dirt
Pretty happy I live in Narooma right now... Surprised I havent heard anything about it yet...
I've ridden motorbikes out at Cobra mountain, should be an awesome ride!

Last edited:

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone hazard a guess as to what the course will be like in terms of climbing. Ive only ridden at the bergmaguie mtb park down that way

Mick01

Likes Bikes
Is the 100mile likely to be a true point to point (ie no laps/riding the same track twice etc) ?

mick

tim_d

Likes Dirt
From what i've heard, the track is pretty hilly, after all it is escape from cobra mountain.
In terms of it being point to point, the track is a loop style but without repeating loops, so yeah it is a true point to point 100 miles.
Should be good!

beeza

Likes Bikes
why is there an elite catagorie in the 120k event, and only open in the 160k.

which is the "headline" event here? in terms of prizes etc. why dont you guys want elites in the 160k race?

just seems a bit odd thats all - i know we are all free to enter whatever we want

RED_RACER

Likes Dirt
why is there an elite catagorie in the 120k event, and only open in the 160k.

which is the "headline" event here? in terms of prizes etc. why dont you guys want elites in the 160k race?

just seems a bit odd thats all - i know we are all free to enter whatever we want
Im always going to do the main event, I was under the impression also that it was to be the 100 mile. I thought they would do product prizes for all other categories and then cash for top 5 in the 100mile to attract people to the category?

kerbs

Likes Bikes
Categories have been reviewed

Hi all,

We misjudged the reaction to the 100-mile event completely!

While we were keen to make the 100-mile the 'main event', and not the poor cousin of the 120km, we certainly did not expect the response we've had. We found it hard to justify a full compliment of categories into a race that we expected up to 150 riders to enter - tops!

We have reviewed the categories, and basically shifted Elite sideways into the 100-mile event, and also created a Masters category.

To be honest we expected a spread of 20% 100 miles, and 40% in each of the other two races. At the moment we're running at a ratio of 2:1:1

Red_racer - prize money to top 5? Wait while I put the entry fees up! :)

beeza

Likes Bikes
good stuff on the change. hopefully ill make the trip up from vic for the 100mile. really enjoyed the 100k a few weeks back

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Likewise - theres a lot that requires entry $$$ at the moment!
+1
also saving for a marquee and heater for the 24WSC.
Definitely want to have a crack at this 100mile after failing in the 100mile cruise earlier in the year, time cut-offs look more to my liking.