Another school shooting.

moorey

call me Mia
The problem is gun control laws. If each of those kids had been allowed to carry guns, they could have defended themselves.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
not good - that's a lot of kids .................. , I was watching my friend's son play an xbox game last night and I said, is this a training video that is used by the military to teach them how to kill people? what's the chance that this was going on in this guys head.

can't say anything will be done in the US so many vested interests that put their individual rights above the common good.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Obama will get it done.
Extra cuddles for my little man this morning on the couch watching cartoons..

Scotty-Robbo

Likes Dirt
This is the third shooting this year? One would think after all the past shootings they would of fixed the gun laws. All i can see coming out of this instead of the gun laws being changed, the schools will get two fire arms per block or somr stupid thing like that. Very sad and dishearting to hear in the morning thoughts go out to them

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is the third shooting this year? One would think after all the past shootings they would of fixed the gun laws.
There will be no way to fix gun laws. Even if they made guns illegal, the only people who would have them, would be the people you don't want. In the banning of guns, they would have to take them, but how do they know who has guns? Gun licenses! So the only people who will have there firearms taken of them will be people who follow the law.

walkietalkie

Likes Dirt
The problem is gun control laws. If each of those kids had been allowed to carry guns, they could have defended themselves.
I apologize in advance if that was meant to be a joke....
But these shootings have me a little on edge.....

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
You dont think that arming kids is a stupid comment in itself???

Most fucking ridiculous comment I've read.
Grain of salt and a sense of humor required. That is exactly the sort of bullshit that will indeed come from the gun lobby - although they will say something like guns for teachers and principles or someother inane pointless idea .

Single best thing John Howard did - marginalising gun owners.

Guns in america is the elephant in the room - more bloody homicides a month, every single month, than died in the september 11 attacks - imagine what they could do if they put the resources of one war into civilian gun crime.

edit - of course it is sarcasm walkietalkie - if moorey was serious he'd have an IQ of 80, and there wouldn't be punctuation in any of his posts.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Yes, too raw to be a thread with humour in it.

I really wonder whether video games have some part to play in all this - its just that in the US, when some psycho amps themselves up with shooting video games, they also have the ability to go down to wallmart, and buy themselves handguns, semi automatic assault rifles, and bullet proof vests in order to act out their sick fantasies.

Its generally the republican states that have the most opposition to gun control - so you need leadership not from barack Obama but from the republicans - and their system doesnt give a strong position for the leader of the party unless they are in govt - so dont expect action again.

sorry for your loss

walkietalkie

Likes Dirt
Agree.

Vid games probably play some part in it...but I am no psychologist.

In 87 they were not an issue so it could only be a mental state that could be blamed. Unresolved agro
from one individual and a lackluster set of gun ownership laws was easy grounds for shootings in those times.
If it where not for Howard changing them after Port Arthur, we would probably have more. You cant stop
shootings by changing laws, but it does and has made big steps in preventing nutjobs by having a legal access.

So sad that the world still has to face this random terror from within.

moorey

call me Mia
I apologize in advance if that was meant to be a joke....
But these shootings have me a little on edge.....
Far from a joke, but lets just call it satire.
As pharma said, the cry from NRA, libertarians, republicans and the conservative right will be something along the lines of my original comment

Last edited: