Another school shooting.

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
Not only will I tell you I HAVE THE RIGHT, I too EXERCISE RESPONSIBLE OWNERSHIP AND GOOD CONDUCT!

Whitewashing is a cancer to society.
And what's to say that there is no possibility that your not going to have a break down and commit similar acts. When you hear people describe the character of the murderers they usually say it was "out of character", " he was well liked" etc. you may be responsible now....

So you should have the right to keep guns in the house? Hey, I'm pretty responsible, why shouldn't I have the right to keep grenades? Why do people think they should 'have the right'? There's a whitewash on people keeping grenades but I don't think it's doing society any harm is it?

Your right to own a gun is nowhere near as important as people having the right to feel and be safe in their daily lives.

Go suck on a tail pipe if you think your rights to own a gun and shoot a few tinnies in a field are more important than others rights to safety.

And who's suggesting a complete white wash? If you want to shoot, go join a club and keep the guns locked at the club. Guns have no place in the neighbourhood.

Last edited:

jhb

Likes Bikes
Can anybody here that is against gun control give me one reason that anyone outside our armed forces would ever require an automatic or semi-automatic gun? I'm not massively 'anti-gun' but I really struggle to see how anybody could think they need to have access to such weapons..

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And what's to say that there is no possibility that your not going to have a break down and commit similar acts. When you hear people describe the character of the murderers they usually say it was "out of character", " he was well liked" etc. you may be responsible now....

So you should have the right to keep guns in the house? Hey, I'm pretty responsible, why shouldn't I have the right to keep grenades? Why do people think they should 'have the right'? There's a whitewash on people keeping grenades but I don't think it's doing society any harm is it?

Your right to own a gun is nowhere near as important as people having the right to feel and be safe in their daily lives.

Go suck on a tail pipe if you think your rights to own a gun and shoot a few tinnies in a field are more important than others rights to safety.

And who's suggesting a complete white wash? If you want to shoot, go join a club and keep the guns locked at the club. Guns have no place in the neighbourhood.

Has it occurred to you that they are actually a very useful tool to a lot of people in rural areas?

On another note, the most sensible thing i've read so far is:

“You want to know why {these shootings keep happening}. This may sound cynical, but here’s why.It’s because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he’ll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN’s article says that if the body count “holds up”, this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer’s face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer’s identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don’t sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."

- Morgan Freeman

SuperSix

Likes Dirt

So you should have the right to keep guns in the house? Why not grenades if you believe that people can behave responsibly?

You suck on the tailpipe for your misconstrued falsehood. What a grand idea to concentrate all the firearms in one commercial place. If it gets raided by crims, not only are the law abiding gun owners in trouble, so is the general community. This is your idea of not whitewashing? I suggest you STFU and GTFO cause itis people like you who shoot first and ask questions later that shouldn't have access to firearms.

My right to protect myself and family cannot be guaranteed by local, state or federal government so while you can fatten up the politician's wallet, I'll ensure my family best way I could.

Hope you don't become a victim. I chose not to.

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
Has it occurred to you that they are actually a very useful tool to a lot of people in rural areas?
Farmers don't need hand guns or semi automatics. Plenty of farmers in Australia have shot guns and I don't have a problem with that ( I also live in a rural area). While shot guns are indeed dangerous they can't cause the same devastation in a short amount of time, require more frequent and slower reloading and are harder to conceal.

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Farmers don't need hand guns or semi automatics. Plenty of farmers in Australia have shot guns and I don't have a problem with that ( I also live in a rural area). While shot guns are indeed dangerous they can't cause the same devastation in a short amount of time require more frequent and slower reloading and are harder to conceal.
Never said they did need semi automatics or handguns, but you did say guns have no place in the neighbourhood. Which did seem like you meant every and all types.

If someone decided to go crazy with a rifle or a shotgun, they would have no trouble causing similar damage to what happened just recently.

Im all for tighter gun control in the states, Aus however has a pretty effective system.

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
This is your idea of not whitewashing? I suggest you STFU and GTFO cause itis people like you who shoot first and ask questions later that shouldn't have access to firearms.

My right to protect myself and family cannot be guaranteed by local, state or federal government so while you can fatten up the politician's wallet, I'll ensure my family best way I could.

Hope you don't become a victim. I chose not to.
STFU and GTFO??? Great argument. Very clever. Ah, as much as I'd love to continue, there's no point having a discussion with a moron.

And yes Jacko, I'm pretty happy with Australia's system too.

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Let's keep the abuse to a minimum, please, boys.

And SuperSix, nothing can be guaranteed, alike your ability to not get drunk and use that firearm on your family or be careless and let it fall in to the hands of the wrong person. How can I know that you won't decide to use that weapon against me somewhere down the line?

Your efforts to secure yourself decrease my security because your means of defence can also be used in offence. Secondly, if you think we live in a country where you require a firearm to be able to defend yourself I'd suggest that your ability to understand risk and your security environment is flawed. Or, if you've put yourself in a situation where you actually do need to defend yourself then maybe you're the problem.

Last edited:

floody

Wheel size expert
The problem is a lot more complicated than what you think.
The solution is complex, the problem is anything but.

Everyone has a gun, and they are all ready (some would say waiting) to use them. That in a nutshell sums up the bullet culture in the USA which gives rise to these incidents when the vulnerable, the unstable or simply impulsive access a gun.

moorey

call me Mia
itis people like you who shoot first and ask questions later that shouldn't have access to firearms.
Why do you keep saying that crap, SS? You said that to me earlier, and have so far refused to explain what you meant. It had zero relevance to my comment, and I can't fathom how it relates to this comment.
You, my friend, appear to have anger issues, and it is you that I fear will shoot first and ask questions later.

moorey

call me Mia
The solution is complex, the problem is anything but.

Everyone has a gun, and they are all ready (some would say waiting) to use them. That in a nutshell sums up the bullet culture in the USA which gives rise to these incidents when the vulnerable, the unstable or simply impulsive access a gun.
"stand your ground" is a awesome outlet for people with a gun, itching to use it.

SuperSix

Likes Dirt
moorey, I don't. And just a reminder : putrid, revolting; still waiting on pics.

Vtwiz stared the mudslinging. Pathetic reasoning really, but I've been a victim before and what does the law have to say about it? Why won't his like speak up when psychopathic behaviour is givn accessto vehicles? Yet he claims it's not whitewashing at all.

No fact will be enough proof for narrow minded fags claiming uncertainty;in as much as you want to breathe air, I do too and don't tell me I can't love my family enough that I will take the chance on a society which has a judicial deficiency.

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I keep getting this argument repeated over and over. "I choose to carry a gun to defend my family."

To me, this statement works if you're: A drug dealer/crime lord; living in the middle of nowhere with big scary and dangerous animals; or scared of all your neighbours that choose to carry a gun to defend themselves.

Face it, someone breaks into my house. I'll either be not home, and insurance will cover the loss. Or I'll be home, grab a cricket bat and tell them to gtfo whilst calling the Police. There's simply no need in Australia to own a firearm for personal defense. The only reason that people in America have guns for personal defense, is because they are scared of all the other people that can legally have a gun for personal defense.

Fark, I respect people's abilities to own and maintain a gun. But it's all too easy for things to go wrong.

SuperSix

Likes Dirt
Johnny, ever heard of "Duty of Care"

I was born to grow up with that! In a state of intoxication, it still prevails. I just don't know if anyone else has the same level of observance to "Duty of Care".

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
moorey, I don't. And just a reminder : putrid, revolting; still waiting on pics.

Vtwiz stared the mudslinging. Pathetic reasoning really, but I've been a victim before and what does the law have to say about it? Why won't his like speak up when psychopathic behaviour is givn accessto vehicles? Yet he claims it's not whitewashing at all.

No fact will be enough proof for narrow minded fags claiming uncertainty;in as much as you want to breathe air, I do too and don't tell me I can't love my family enough that I will take the chance on a society which has a judicial deficiency.
My reasoning was pathetic? Your entitled to your opinion but using language like STFU and GTFO not to mention " narrow minded Fags" was why I stopped to your level. Fight fire with fire I though. Bring the level down to the lowest common denominator in the hope they may be able to understand. Yep, I shouldn't have but it revealed a lot about you and I'm now happy that I feel no need to continue any form of discussion with you. I don't care in the slightest what your pathetic views are. Good luck to ya. Defend that fortress of a home you have with your life and guns...... Now that I think about it, I may need to defend my house and family from the constant assault of people coming to my door trying to install energy saving power boards and Jehovah's witness'. What a world we live in!

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Johnny, ever heard of "Duty of Care"

I was born to grow up with that! In a state of intoxication, it still prevails. I just don't know if anyone else has the same level of observance to "Duty of Care".
Yeah, sure. When those that rely on me need support, I support them. When they need time, I'm there, when they need guidance, I lead and when they need protection I protect.

Not once has that ever even come close to me requiring a firearm. I've trained with weapons, carried them and fired them more times than I could recall. I understand their value and I also understand their threat. That's why I like as few of them in my society as possible. You sound like a pretty fiery dude that may be prone to dramatics. If I'm accurate with that call, you're the kind of guy I especially prefer to see unarmed.