Another which 29" frame / bike.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Shhh! That's logical and rational thinking. How am I supposed to argue against that? :^) It also costs the least and allows the $$$ for an X2.
my only gripe with it is the wait for a raw frame (my preference) and the 2 yr warranty. With luck I shouldn't need it but I've got previous with frames and warranties.
I've heard from MTB Direct that it is fine at 150mm but I'm waiting to see if 160mm can be run too.
I run the Marzocchi 55CR fork on my Rune at 170mm. I think the Geo is optimised for 160mm.
Ask Keith from Banshee on their FB page ....+10mm shouldn't be a problem.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
No worries mate - just wanted to make sure you were in the know!

To further antagonise you: the Range has a PF BB and a 3 year warranty according to their website, frame-only warranty being subject to "assembly by Norco authorised dealer".

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
@ForkinGreat thanks,
I've heard back from Banshee and the 160mm can run on it without issue.

@Nambra thanks buddy, I did see the warranty on Sight was 5yrs but didn't see it was on the proviso it was built up by the LBS. correct that the Range is 3 yrs. and both have disclaimers for mods on the bike.

Prime is looking better each moment. Looks like the winner and I shall have to live with the bottle cage location meaning no bottles inside the triangle.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
@steve jobs' pancreas too funny. We'd need to schedule rides so they're not seen to be congregating. It'd seem like an insurrection!

They have a black XL in stock but I really fancy the raw finish. Saw it on a mates Canfield Riot. He has a lot to answer for.

Last edited:

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
I was seriously considering the Prime when my Primer came along so I reckon she'll be a good choice, and I'll be interested to hear how you get on!

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks @hifiandmtb @rangersac @slider_phil , it was really difficult to decide and I'm still wondering about the Primer and the Sight but a decision needs to be made and I did it based on what was important to me + my riding. Fingers crossed the wait for a Raw one doesn't blow out. As good as the black one looks, I've run black + carbon bikes for years and fancy a little change.

So the next question is the shock. X2 or is there something else worth looking at?

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
@creaky 100% guaranteed. I'm sure that as soon as I get off the phone to make the order I'll get an alert from Norco or Intense offering them at X% off which will grind my gears. If I wait they'll just hang about at the same price they're currently on at.

Intense will update the Primer I reckon and the Sight I believe is newer so perhaps that's not so ripe for an update.

Anyway, they've gone radio silence on me at MTB Direct which is a little annoying, and reminds me of why I like to buy from a LBS I can get to / see.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nah, you're good mate. :^) I saw those earlier. If that was the price they were available at here I'd have been all over one by now. The AU site is still showing $3999, which is pretty chunky given the age in the product life cycle.

Andy on their site has gone radio dark on questions so that made the decisions easier.

Anyway, the order's not placed yet. Still waiting to hear back from MTB Direct. I didn't think it would be this hard. :^(

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks @BRADSTA i appreciate the link. Tempting but I'll hold for the moment. It's a PITA trying to sell stuff but there might be $$$ to be made or at least not lost.

Would prefer the red frame of the 9.1 though..

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well, a Primer is morer betterer than a Prime so good call.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They're both wicked bikes. In the end it was little elements which saw the Prime win.
Touch more reach, steeper STA, threaded BB, ISCG05. Certainly I would have preferred carbon but the lower cost means an X2 / DPX2 or similar shock.

I probably would have been happy with any of the final 2 or 3.