Anyone a Paramedic or an Ambo....or work for QAS

bassboy

Cannon Fodder
I also got that phone call today. Interview on the 28th Oct since i have to fly up from Sydney :S

ANY interview tips would be greatly appreciated! :)

Forumscanner

Cannon Fodder
Does anyone know how the QAS allocated people to certain areas? For example when I put in my application, I put down a few area preferences. Does this mean that if I pass the interview, they will offer me something oin this area (ie they already have a student vacancy and are interviewing for that spot) or could they offer me a spot anywhere in the state? cheers

Justbee

Cannon Fodder
another paramedic hopeful

Hello. Please excuse me if I have not entered into this forum properly as this is my first time. I like others was searching google for information about the QAS testing process and came across your helpful messages. Just wondering if someone wouldn't mind helping me out.

I have my personality and aptitude testing booked for 4th November. I have been doing some practice aptitude tests in a book I recently purchased, but just wondering if there are any specific type of questions i should be brushing up on. Not trying to get an unfair advantage, just wanting to increase my chances of achieving my dream.

If there are any good websites of practices tests, or if anyone could provide any info to boost my confidence I would be very thankful.

Again, I apologise if I have not done this properly. Advice on how to use the forum also welcome.

Thanks.

Forumscanner

Cannon Fodder
Hello. Please excuse me if I have not entered into this forum properly as this is my first time. I like others was searching google for information about the QAS testing process and came across your helpful messages. Just wondering if someone wouldn't mind helping me out.

I have my personality and aptitude testing booked for 4th November. I have been doing some practice aptitude tests in a book I recently purchased, but just wondering if there are any specific type of questions i should be brushing up on. Not trying to get an unfair advantage, just wanting to increase my chances of achieving my dream.

If there are any good websites of practices tests, or if anyone could provide any info to boost my confidence I would be very thankful.

Again, I apologise if I have not done this properly. Advice on how to use the forum also welcome.

Thanks.
LOL this thread is now number #4 when you google search "QAS Student Paramedic"

Justbee, obviously you dont have to worry about the personality test: you jsut answer truthfully.

In regards to the other tests, there in number reasoning, verbal reasoning and abstract reasoning.

You cant really study for the abstract, itpictured is basically pattern recognition and selecting which piece fits the pictured pattern. I think you have 'unlimited' time to do this.

The others you can study for. I did the testing in July so I am struggling a bit to remember.

It wont let me post links here, but if you google "verbal reasoning sample questions" and "numerical reasoning" sample questions you will find ones similar to the QAS ones.

Good Luck

Good Luck

Justbee

Cannon Fodder
Hi Forumscanner,

Thanks very much for your reply. Your answer confirmed what I was thinking about the exams, so I appreciate it. I will google what you have suggested and add them to my list of practice tests.

One question - if you remember. Were there questions like if you are traveling at X speed and then stop for x time etc what time will you reach your destination?

I think I am freaking myself about every scenario they could come up with to test us on. I just want to pass so badly.

Have you had your interview yet? How did it go?

Thanks again, it's nice to have someone to talk to who has been through the process. I think my husband is getting sick of it!

Wassa

Cannon Fodder
Hi all. Thanks for all the info posted here, it has been helpful to me. I have an interview for student paramedic soon and was after any tips from those who have been recently.

Also, Im from Victoria so have not been in a position to catch up with any QAS Paramedics for a chat. Do all Brisbane/Gold Coast stations now work 4 12 hour shifts followed by 4 off? How challenging is the 6 week initial training, and how does the ongoing training happen and what is the workload like? Any info about day to day duties of a student paramedic from someone in the system would be great. Cheers.

Forumscanner

Cannon Fodder
Hi Forumscanner,

Thanks very much for your reply. Your answer confirmed what I was thinking about the exams, so I appreciate it. I will google what you have suggested and add them to my list of practice tests.

One question - if you remember. Were there questions like if you are traveling at X speed and then stop for x time etc what time will you reach your destination?

I think I am freaking myself about every scenario they could come up with to test us on. I just want to pass so badly.

Have you had your interview yet? How did it go?

Thanks again, it's nice to have someone to talk to who has been through the process. I think my husband is getting sick of it!
Theres none of that X speed train maths stuff.

My interview is in about 2 weeks!

pepsi88

Cannon Fodder
Hi All,

Does anyone know if it is the same for the Student Emergency Medical Dispatcher position?
I too am going through the recruitment process with QAS and it sounds very similar to the Student Paramedic process (although I think yours is a little bit more full on), I have completed all workplace assessments and psych assessment and medical, now am waiting for an interview date but at this stage have no idea when it may be or when the position may start. Am wondering if it will be the same with a January intake??

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!

Cheers!
I, too, am in the recruitment process for a Student EMD/Emergency Medical Dispatcher position with QAS. Like Hopeful, I have completed all the assessments/medical/police consent forms and am just waiting to hear in regards to an interview date (or not). I completed the psychological assessment 4th September and QAS recruitment have advised that they were still waiting on results from Livingston's.

Just wondering if anyone else is in the same position as Hopeful and myself, or has had a response regarding student EMD interview or intake dates?

lib

Cannon Fodder
justbee,

i am in the same position as you i am doing my aptitude test this week on wednesday i am so so stressing casue i want to pass so i can start on the way to completing a life long dream i will let u no if i get the chance about the type of questions.
i just hope that i can pass and then get the ball rolling but again if anyone has any tips they would be really appriciated to help calm me i guess!

good luck with the upcoming interview guys!

thanks for all the tips also!

cheers lib

Justbee

Cannon Fodder
hi lib,

Best of luck for Wednesday. I will be thinking of you. Just keep thinking positive thoughts.

It is so nice to know that others share in the same dream, I feel so lucky to have found this forum to be able to chat to like minded people.

I forgot to ask if anyone knows if it is multiple choice for the verbal and numerical reasoning exams. Do you know?

Let us know how you do.

Remember don't be nervous 'justbee' and you will be fine :)

bassboy

Cannon Fodder
Goodluck on wednesday with the aptitude.

Just remember not to get stuck thinking about a question to long,work through at a steady pace & come back to tricky ones later. Remember the idea is to test you working under pressure.

As mentioned earlier in the forum about referees, mine has actually already been contacted before the interview not after. So now with that done its all up to this 45min interview...talk about nerves!!!!!!!! :S

Forumscanner

Cannon Fodder
thanks forumscanner.

Hope you are feeling well prepared for the interview on Wednesday.

best of luck.
Interview is on monday 26th! :)

Goodluck on wednesday with the aptitude.

Just remember not to get stuck thinking about a question to long,work through at a steady pace & come back to tricky ones later. Remember the idea is to test you working under pressure.

As mentioned earlier in the forum about referees, mine has actually already been contacted before the interview not after. So now with that done its all up to this 45min interview...talk about nerves!!!!!!!! :S
Yeah they sent referee reports out to my referees as well.

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
good luck all you ambo sheeple.... best of luck with upcoming interview/tests...

maybe's y'all can help spanky one day set up a real nice kinda first aid kit.... for mountain biking...

s

Justbee

Cannon Fodder
Interview is on monday 26th! :)

Yeah they sent referee reports out to my referees as well.
justbee,

i am in the same position as you i am doing my aptitude test this week on wednesday i am so so stressing casue i want to pass so i can start on the way to completing a life long dream i will let u no if i get the chance about the type of questions.
i just hope that i can pass and then get the ball rolling but again if anyone has any tips they would be really appriciated to help calm me i guess!

good luck with the upcoming interview guys!

thanks for all the tips also!

cheers lib
Hi Lib,

Just wanted to say good luck for tomorrow. I will be thinking of you.
Let us know how you think you went.

Best wishes.

Google Enthusiast

Cannon Fodder
Student Paramedic Interview

Hi All

Yet another google searcher who has found his way to this great forum, apologies to the Mountain Bikers for clogging up your site..

I have my Interview on the 6th November (Must be one of the last in the block) and would really like to know how you other interviewees go.. I wish you all luck in your Paramedical endeavours!

Cheers

Last edited: