Anyone else read the new Flow mag yet?

Wellsey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does anyone have any thoughts on paying for the online content, which other similar sites provide for naught.
I think it's a bit more in-depth and thorough than other sites. Keep in mind you get a mag subscription as well so it's pretty good value.

Also, they're only just starting out, so you'd like to think it will get better with time.

soontir

Likes Dirt
Finally managed to track a copy down. Only found it after the sixth news agency I visited.
Good read so far. Will check the online stuff when I have chance

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Finally managed to track a copy down. Only found it after the sixth news agency I visited.
Good read so far. Will check the online stuff when I have chance
i went straight to a newsagent that had it... but i did check the list they had online of where to buy. some bike shops will carry it too.

PerthMTB

Likes Dirt
Sorry to be a naysayer - but it didn't grab me. Don't think I finished any of the articles before flicking the page over, so won't be buying another.

Not really the magazine's fault, it's a great concept, I just don't find it as interesting reading about other people riding as actually doing it myself...

Last edited:

imago

Likes Bikes
For anybody else having problems with Flow on Zinio...

The link for Zinio didn't work for me either...I emailled them and they're able to add Flow to your account manually

macca_1972

Likes Dirt
Bought the first issue by default as I, like many others, was starting to become disenfranchised with where AMB was heading. So figured I would at least give the first issue of Flow a shot so see what they had come up with.

When first flicking through it, I was wondering if it was going to be interesting at all with no product reviews (apart from the quick overviews of XX1 and the smart rear suspension), bike tests or tech stuff. Once I started reading the articles however, I found it impossible to put down. I personally found the articles and the quality of the writing to be excellent, was pleasantly surprised considering my initial apprehension. The photography is brilliant too, and I particularly enjoyed the article with the photographer's favorite photos and the stories behind them.

Haven't signed up for the online stuff yet but will very soon. I understand that this is where all the reviews and tech stuff will be placed so I think that will work pretty well. I'm sure over time they will tweak things to be even better, but I am impressed with it so far.

cressa

Likes Dirt
First magazine I've actually enjoyed for a long time and the web content is pretty good too. I'm signed up! Keep it up.

shannon23455

Likes Dirt
Got it yesterday. The column from Joe Punter hit the nail on the head for me and the reason i ride MTB. Keep it up, i quite enjoyed the read.

UncleFeet

Likes Dirt
Anyone manage to read the online version. I emailed M.Ross and had a reply, then replied with details of the problem...nothing happening...I know I'm a fuckin' luddite....

dunndog

Eats Squid
I joined up royalty a couple weeks ago, still awaiting copy in the mail.. online version looks good though but want it in my hands!

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Picked this up from the local yesterday, haven't had time to read it all yet but looks promising.

Are the two creators the guy from 'Mad if you don't' put out by AMB a few editions back?

baron

Likes Bikes
For the first time in about 6 years i had no intention of buying the latest issue of AMB so was happy to see an alternative. A bit of a flick through the credits of Flow and whaddayaknow...plenty of familiar names from when AMB was in its prime. I liked the feel of flow, it seems like a similar vibe to Dirt but not so vague in some of its articles.(ever read a bike review in Dirt and still had no idea if they liked it or not???)

Anyway, I like it.

Anyone manage to read the online version. I emailed M.Ross and had a reply, then replied with details of the problem...nothing happening...I know I'm a fuckin' luddite....
I'm the same. I joined the royalty version as I thought would be good to get the hard copy and the online copy. However, after I paid my money, i was then told my first hard copy would be issue 2 in Jan/Feb next year. So I thought ok I will just read it online. However, the link doesn't work. I have been in contact with the Flow guys about 4 times, they just say they are working on it with Zinio. But really 4 weeks.... I already have Zinio working for other mags, so it isn't an issue on my end.

I think I am just going to get my money back as the website stuff isn't worth it and I dont want to pay $54 now to wait 4 months for a magazine. Cyclingtips.com.au is free and is close to the flow.com content anyway.