anyone know a equivalent web sight for surfing

MacNamara22

Likes Dirt
hey all i was just wandering if anyone knew a surfing community web sight much similar to rotorburn. I have had a look around but noting i have found comes close to how good rotorburn is for mountain biking in australia. If anyone has some info that would be great.
cheers

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Every surfing forum I've seen is just wankers one upping each other. For a different perspective try Boardworld

Surf culture is vastly different to mtb culture, it is a selfish sport where other participants are viewed as competition thus exclusion and derision of others is the norm.

You won't find the sort of help and advice here as you will on a surf forum.

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Surf culture is vastly different to mtb culture, it is a selfish sport where other participants are viewed as competition thus exclusion and derision of others is the norm.

You won't find the sort of help and advice here as you will on a surf forum.
are you for real .....do you even surf. How about reading forums on here and see how people get abused when they say something different something different to the "norm mtb'ers" . What about the amount shit riders put on others cause wear lycra, ride 29'ers, dh v xc, etc

Maybe it aint the culture its just ignorant people like you

dolphinman

Likes Dirt
are you for real .....do you even surf. How about reading forums on here and see how people get abused when they say something different something different to the "norm mtb'ers" . What about the amount shit riders put on others cause wear lycra, ride 29'ers, dh v xc, etc

Wooah there jumpers...you need to visit that yoga joint in your sig... your chakras are out of whack.

Stevie is right on the money. The best surf forums - Realsurf - are like good waves. You need to sus out the break and the locals before wading in. Give yourself 50 posts on there and if you are still getting panned - well then maybe you should stick to mtb. Mtb forums are like a tantric love-in compared to proper surf forums.

having surfed for 25+ years, up and down the coast and o/s I reckon I've experienced enough surf culture to form an opinion.

you sound like some new age kook longboarder who still thinks the pass is the place to be, or have you moved onto surfing sups now ?

Your in luck, forecast tomorrow is 1 ft of summer slop, Umina should be right up your alley.