anyone missing a YT? possible dodgey ebay ad

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maybe the bloke at the youies whos ticker gave out had just bought a new bike. Still, price is cheap for a haunted bike.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
No rear deraile...derr...gear changing thing? Protective film still on the frame?

My guess is old mate pinched this still in the box (off somebody's front porch or something), had a crack at putting it together, and wasn't quite up to the task when it came to the gear changing thing.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
No negative feedback though.
Those first time sellers are always so trustworthy. Really should have put in the time to create a few accounts and get a real feedback score. Nobody takes a zero feedback score seriously, unless they're into buying stolen goods or get sucked into the 'too good to be true' mentality.

I've proposed a buy it now price cash on pickup asap. I actually don't think it's stolen from an individual, probably from a shop or in transit, which will be be insured. Hilarious about the derailleur, one can only imagine how shonkily the rest of it has been built...

stu44

Farkin Advertiser
Sure is weird, as we dispatch all YTs in Aus, we havent had any reports of any not arriving with customers, we are contacting ALL Comp 1 AL Large customers to check it out

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Seller hasn't responded to my messages. I hope everyone who is messaging him/her is keeping it subtle. I had a mate find stolen goods on Gumtree recently and too many well-intentioned people messaged the seller, who obviously got spooked and moved the gear elsewhere, where the cops never retrieved it.

Great to hear that the previous poster is on the case making sure it hasn't been stolen from a legitimate customer. Maybe it was flogged from overseas?

Switch

huskier headed gent
The buy it now option has now been removed. Looks like the amount of interest has either spooked the seller or he has realised the value of what he has.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
The buy it now option has now been removed. Looks like the amount of interest has either spooked the seller or he has realised the value of what he has.
A bid has been placed, this automatically cancels the buy it now option.

Switch

huskier headed gent
A bid has been placed, this automatically cancels the buy it now option.
The buy it now option was still in play yesterday after the bid was logged. Just read the ebay rules and looks like its a no reserve auction as the buy it now button can still exist with bids until a reserve is met.

Still does not help my moral dilemma as I have been wanting to buy a Capra for a while but finances have been getting in the way. Can't bring myself to buy stolen gear though as that is just way too much bad karma for my liking.

josh_psyosphere

Likes Bikes
Just messaged him for the serial number to do a police check
Lets see if he replies back to me with one. (ill keep you's update once i hear back from them)