anyone ordered from jensonusa before?

schwing

Likes Dirt
I almost bought some brakes of Jenson and found them good to deal with.
What I did was got a phone card eg Applecard, and spoke to some real people. I didn't go ahead as i ended up buying a new bike here and the sale price was nearly over and they were out of stock anyway!

chuckrockswell

iRide Bikes
when you guys buy from jenson, is it just me or can you only get it shipped Fedx??? Fedx is soooo expensive, sure you get it within a week, but the shipping expenses kinda defeat the purpose of buying from overseas. at least with supergo and cambria you can choose to get it via land.

can you get items via land through jenson???

dillon

Likes Dirt
Matt, I apologise you have asked and got no response, which is rare from them.
Yep, not happy with a commited item going out of stock again.
What goodies are you getting ?

Chucksrockswell :
No shipping via land, they're on a different continent to us ;)
Seriously most online retailers don't use the US Postal Service, that's your only other option, but can be just as dear and takes twice as long. I'm sure they are looking after themselves as far as missing/undelivered/traceability/insured/claims issues go.

Ordering from the USA is only cost-effective on big orders obviously.

matt462

Likes Dirt
No worries Dillon

I ordered a craftworks frm125 and a few things to go on it.

Its about $3000 worth of stuff for $1700.

chuckrockswell

iRide Bikes
yeah thanks dillon,

i order from supergo a far bit and use us postal, shipping is generally around 20 bucks US per order which works out great, but jenson has a whole heap of SPY stuff on their website which i went crazy about, but to ship the order i wanted it would cost 80 bucks US via fed ex!!! thats crazy money for shipping. i've never had a problem using us postal.

bummer! :cry:

dillon

Likes Dirt
Matt:
We've been watching that FRM125 price go down and down, crazy that it came from here, we buy it over there cheaper than here, then send it back here again !
What forks ?

Chuck:
I have only used Fedex(Jenson) and UPS (Supergo), have you been charged/intercepted by customs when using USPS and Aust. Post ?

matt462

Likes Dirt
Got all my gear yesterday. Only had to pay GST no import duty. They upgraded a few things from lx to xt that mysteriously went out of stock after I was charged.
Once I got hold of the correct person (Jason Schlueter at jenson did a top job) I got responses very quickly (<5mins sometimes).

Now i just need to build my bike.

dillon

Likes Dirt
Cool, they musn't have written down it was a frame and fork...there is normally 5% duty on that.
I didn't pay duty on my fork either.

Good to hear, keep us informed.