Anyone ridden Moab, Utah?

Hornsby

Likes Dirt
Not sure what changes have happen since 1996 when I rode Moab but it was brilliant then, all I can advise is don’t miss Arches National Park which is just out town to the north east or Cayonlands which is just out of town to the north west.
Take a good camera you will not regret it, all the surrounding rock is sandstone so you need to be up early or late to get the best photos.
Very jealous of your trip enjoy.

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not sure what changes have happen since 1996 when I rode Moab but it was brilliant then, all I can advise is don’t miss Arches National Park which is just out town to the north east or Cayonlands which is just out of town to the north west.
Take a good camera you will not regret it, all the surrounding rock is sandstone so you need to be up early or late to get the best photos.
Very jealous of your trip enjoy.
Thanks Hornsby. My wife loves taking pics. She has a Canon 6D i think. Also going to get a Gopro Hero 5 as I’m sick of dicking around with my old hero 3.

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just had 5 days at Moab and all I can say is Wow! Rode 3 of the most iconic trails: whole Enhilada, Slickrock and Hymasa, Captain Ahab.

Briefl description:
Slickrock: not ver technical, just friggin’ hard! Many climbs are getting near 45% and on most trails would be impossible. If you have the gearing and can keep the front wheel down many of them are doable due to the rock having such incredible grip.

Hymasa/ Captain Ahab has spectacular scenery and has a long climb to the top with quite a few technical sections, followed by a relatively flowy technical descent.

Whole Enchilada: simply amazing. I’m not sure any ride I ever do in the future can top this one. Shuttled to the top and then spent several hours descending back to town. The scenery is out of this world.

If anyone is considering a trip to the US, Moab is a must do!

Last edited: