anyone using the pivot m4x?

Anthony B

Likes Dirt
aside from saying it is very pretty & uber expensive. I could never afford one, but i rolled around on a built bike at blackmans in penrith. Nice frame, light weight, good geo bar the head angle which is very very mellow

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
thansk for the info. i assume by mellow you mean slack? i would be running either 160mm lyrics on this thing, or trading to the 140mm argyle that i have seen in a few places.

this whole 29er errr 27.5 errr enduro phase seems to have mad nice dual suspension bikes for this sor of riding hard to come by. the few i can find (p-slope, dmr, killswitch, etc) seem to be based on a single pivot (or close enough to in axle movement - like the ns soda), which i want to avoid. so if you have any suggestions.....as yeah the price is a slight stumbling block.

cameron_15

Eats Squid
GT distortion if you can get your hands on one...

2011-gt-distortion-mountain-bike02.jpg

They only came to Aus for 2011/2012 I believe, so you may struggle. There's a heap of different models overseas though.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
that's the best looking GT i have seen in many years, but im not a fan of their suspension platform.

the trek looks interesting. i suspect getting it here would be difficult.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It wasn't difficult, my local rang me up and said they were available, paid my cash and now all I have to do is build it up.
no shit!?!? that is good to know. i assumed that it wouldnt have been a regular import item. my only aversion would be the (pretty much) linear path for the rear axle (which would also be my complain against the nuke proof rook or rocky mountain slayer). i am not a fan of the rear axle being mounted to the chain stays. but trek could change my mind. what sort of price should i expect? the US site said about $1700.

the banshee looks along the lines of my tastes. any feedback on the performance of their take on vpp?

Last edited:

rsclio

Likes Dirt
The Bashee is awesome
I picked up a 2nd hand one off here last year built it up with a 120 mm fork
Very responsive bike probably the funnest bike Ive owned
My other bikes have all been singe pivots
The maintenance for the sus is much higher and I believe can become expensive if neglected
I've heard of a frames cracking also but have also heard of them being used for DH also
As my 1st Banshee Im a convert

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The Bashee is awesome
I picked up a 2nd hand one off here last year built it up with a 120 mm fork
Very responsive bike probably the funnest bike Ive owned
My other bikes have all been singe pivots
The maintenance for the sus is much higher and I believe can become expensive if neglected
I've heard of a frames cracking also but have also heard of them being used for DH also
As my 1st Banshee Im a convert
Thanks for the review. Do they still make these? A buddy had the wild card a few years back and it was awesome.

Thanks everyone for your help I now have a few items to investigate. Any suggestions on retailers will be appreciated.

Anthony B

Likes Dirt
I have a rampant & love it. Yes I meant slack with the head tube angle the pivot is like 64 degrees, even with longer travel you start throwing out BB geometry.

My experience with the rampant my be biased because it the the only frame like this I've run, prior was a hardtail charge frame. I find it easier to chuck around & have used it on single track, dirt jumping, & general stupid stuff.

I believe they still make the frame, but single tracks don't list it on their site but it is on the Banshee site.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Can you still get Transition Doubles? I didn't see it on their website?
I think they went the way of the bottle rocket and their old dh bike (name escapes me) an of course their am bike the Preston. I would happily have a Preston or bottle rocket. But alas....no more.